Pact was established in 2001, as a result of the merger of the Bourne Trust and the Prisoners' Wives and Families Society (PWFS). Between them, the two organisations had 125 years' experience of working with prisoners and their families.
Our Mission and Goals
To support prisoners and their families to make a fresh start and to minimise the harm that can be caused by imprisonment on offenders, families and communities.
- To ensure that the children, their carers, and families of prisoners have access to appropriate advice, care and support to meet their needs
- To facilitate opportunities for positive contact between prisoners and their families from the courts to release
- To support families and ex-offenders in the resettlement process
- To respond to the needs of prisoners at risk of suicide and self-harm
- To support the development of restorative justice and promote community involvement in supporting people affected by imprisonment