In 1980, Liz and Dick Uihlein recognized a local need for a shipping supply distributor and started Uline from their basement. Their first product was the
H-101 carton sizer (still offered today). From those humble beginnings, the business has grown far beyond their expectations, while still remaining a family-owned and run company.
Uline is now North America's leading distributor of shipping, packaging and industrial supplies with over 1,650 box sizes in stock. Product lines have expanded to include retail, safety, material handling and janitorial items. Uline's 812-page catalog reaches businesses nationwide, offering 37,500 products always in stock for quick delivery.
With over 6,600 employees in North America, Uline has distribution centers near Chicago, IL; Minneapolis, MN; Allentown, PA; Los Angeles, CA; Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX and Seattle, WA, as well as international locations near Toronto and Edmonton, Canada and in Mexicali and Monterrey, Mexico.
Uline is a drug-free workplace.
- Health care coverage - Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage.
- Life Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - free, voluntary, confidential counseling, including doctor referrals.
SALARY AND RETIREMENT SAVINGS
- Competitive wages with annual performance and salary reviews.
- 3 bonus plans.
- RRSP Savings Plan - 100% company matched up to 5% of pay.
- Employees are immediately vested.
VACATIONS / HOLIDAYS
- 16 Paid Time Off (PTO) days for vacation, sick and personal use.
- Additional days earned at 5th and 15th-year anniversaries.
- 10 observed holidays.
- Purchase Uline merchandise at a discount.
- Company-sponsored social activities.
- Tuition reimbursement for job-related courses.
- Off-site seminars and training.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- Tuition reduction for employees at designated colleges and universities.
Our mission is to offer our customers the finest quality and best selection of products as well as the quickest service in the industry. Good service is worrying about the details so our customers don’t have to. Our promise is to treat customers as long-term partners, to always meet both their needs and expectations and to ship every order with speed and accuracy unparalleled in the industry. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority!
Uline offers a challenging fast-paced environment for people who have a passion for what they do and provides them with the tools they need for success. At Uline, customer service is number one, from top-level executives to the warehouse and shipping departments. We are focused on providing our customers the highest quality service, the best products and the best selection they will find anywhere!
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages.
- A comprehensive orientation process.
- A positive, well-balanced work environment.
- Excellent employee communication through our intranet site and newsletter.
Uline seeks bright, energetic people from a variety of backgrounds to contribute their unique perspectives and help us fully understand and meet our customers' needs.