Wall James Chappell is a modern specialist firm of solicitors which can trace its origins in Stourbridge back to 1830.
The firm has expanded both organically and through amalgamation and in 2009 the long-established firms of Wall, James and Davies and Chappell and Perry merged to form Wall James Chappell.
We offer a wealth of specialist expert knowledge to both corporate and individual clients not just locally but acrossthe UK.
The firm places importance on providing technically excellent advice with a practical and sensitive approach, working in partnership with its clients. Our clients receive friendly and effective advice from a solicitor whom they can trust.
Our commitment to working together with our clients and prioritising the value of our service has allowed us to maintain long-term relationships with our clients and establish a reputation as a trusted legal advisor.
In 1986 the firms of Wall, James & Davies and Bannister & King merged. The roots of the two Stourbridge solicitors stretch back nearly 200 years when gas lighting was first installed in the town and the Industrial Revolution was getting up steam. Bannister & King was originally founded in 1830 by William Blow Collis – whose only fees for that year were recorded as being £5 9s 2d for the drawing up of a lease! Meanwhile, back in 1865, when Gladstone became leader of the House of Commons, Thomas J.Wall set himself up as a solicitor at 19 Hagley Road. Some 25 years later he went into partnership with George Francis James. James’ son, Oswald Leo Wall, also later entered into partnership with Trevor Davies. In 2009 Wall, James & Davies merged with Chappell & Perry to form Wall James Chappell. Percy Chappell started from 14 Hagley Road, his house in 1906! Today the firm of Wall James Chappell still operates from its office at 15-23 Hagley Road with 8 partners and 40 people.