+ Registered Nurse, NICU RN, Full or Part Time
* 620 John Paul Jones Cir, Portsmouth, VA 23708, USA
Godwin Corporation provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO M/F/Disability/Veterans www.godwincorp.com
Registered Nurse, NICU RN Full Time or Part Time Opportunity at Naval Medical Center (NMC) Portsmouth, VA
Come Join Our Team of exceptional health care providers at NMC Portsmouth and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Elevate your career by applying for our Full or Part Time NICU RN opportunities in support of NMC Portsmouth!
* Excellent Compensation & Comprehensive Benefits!
* Full and Part Time Position, Various Shifts/Schedules!
* PTO! 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* NO Call!
* Annual CME Stipend!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform a full range of RN duties in accordance with assignment under the task order, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; use of patient monitoring and treatment equipment; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians' orders within the guidelines of standard nursing practice; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
CORE DUTIES: Include, but are not limited to the following:
* Assess each patient and perform triage duties as assigned.
* Formulate and carry out a goal directed plan of care which based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes and which is prioritized according to patient needs and available resources including time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
* Evaluate effectiveness of self-care given by all health team members, and contribution of systems, environment, and instrumentation in progressing patient toward outcomes.
* Provide treatment and discharge instructions upon patient release.
* Perform assessment/data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on physiological, psychological, and cognitive status.
* Provide a safe and clean environment for each patient.
* Identify patient/significant other learning needs and implement appropriate measures to meet identified needs.
* Assist in planning, provide clinical guidance and provide instruction to LPNs/LVNs, nursing assistants and ancillary personnel.
* Demonstrate sound knowledge base and action in the care and decision making for designated patient populations. If weaknesses or deficiencies are identified either by peer reviews, quality control reports (QCRs), or evaluations the HCW will be required to complete refresher training (in-services, competency reviews, continuing education, etc.) at Contractor expense.
* Perform documentation (manually and/or by use of computer) duties on unit and in-patient record that are timely, accurate, and concise.
* Education: Possess a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, a Graduate Diploma in Nursing or an Associate Degree in Nursing, from an accredited agency such as the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
* Experience: Possess a minimum of two (2) years of level III NICU experience within the past three (3) years.
* Licensure: Possess and maintain a current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in any one (1) of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
* Life Support Certifications: Possess the following Life Support Certifications from the American Heart Associations: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and an approved Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification (NRP).
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
STAFFING & SCHEDULING:
* Duty Hours: The NICU is open 365 days, twenty four (24) hours a day. NMC Portsmouth NICU requires NICU RN Full Time and/or Part Time coverage services Sunday through Saturday.
* Place of Performance: The work to be performed will be in support of Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, VA (NMCP). The primary site of service shall be in the NICU, Pediatrics Department at NMCP.