1st Line of Defence Compliance Business Partner - 6 month contract
PIB is a growing group of insurance advisory businesses. The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market.
This is an exciting time to join PIB as we recruit for a 1st Line Compliance Business Partner based from any of our PIB offices across the UK. Reporting into the Head of 1st Line of Defence you will work alongside the assigned business area in Schemes and Affinities to find solutions, resolve issues and deliver actions.
You will be an experienced Compliance Business Partner with a technical and hands on approach. Working in partnership with the business to help support them with their compliance you will be confident in producing documentation and have experience in retail insurance regulation.
- Work with the business to drive delivery of activity that supports the business objectives, whilst ensuring adherence to group policies.
- Work with 2LoD to ensure advice and guidance is interpreted and implemented in line with group risk appetite
- Highlight the priority compliance actions for the business by collating and analysing conduct MI and undertaking trend and root cause analysis.
- Ensure the business controls are effective and take action to improve/close gaps where necessary
- Sign off financial promotions within the remit of 1LoD
- Support the business with the creation of compliant customer documentation, undertake regular reviews of approved material and ensure regulator changes are implemented.
- Support and where appropriate own the management of breaches, E&O's and complaints and resolution focussing on root cause and control effectiveness
- Ensure regulatory reporting is completed, accurate and submitted in a timely manner
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a risk & compliance role within the general insurance industry
- Understanding of the FCA handbook including ICOBS, PROD, DISP, SYSC
- Understanding of Distribution models AR/IAR/PiP
- Experienced in Financial Promotions sign off, Breach & E&O management
- Able to build strong stakeholder relationships
- Determined - focussed on action and delivery
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Full Job Description available on request.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
Our employee's success isn't measured on time spent in the office, so please talk to us about your flexible working needs. We have many sites across the UK, so whether this be working from home, logging on from another office then we would love to hear from you!
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
You may have experience of the following: Compliance Officer, Financial Services, Insurance Compliance Manager, Insurance Brokers, Quality Manager, Business Partner, BP, Business Compliance, Quality Assurance, Internal Audit, FCA, MGA, MGU, Underwriter, etc.
Insurance Regulatory Law