Advanced Clinical Trainer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Advanced Clinical Trainer to join our Clinical Training Team. Based at Fosse House, Leicester with travel to other sites when necessary.
The Advanced Clinical Trainer is primarily responsible for the supervision, progression and assessment and delivery of advanced clinical teaching/training to DHU Practitioners to maintain a motivated and skilled workforce. The Advanced Clinical Trainer will also be expected to hold a clinical contract as a Senior Practitioner for DHU Health Care CIC. The role is an evolving role. The ultimate aim is to ensure ACP training is consistent with Health Education England guidelines on Advanced Practice, following the Multi Professional Framework template.
Responsible for the supervision, progression and assessment of DHU Trainee Advanced Clinical Pracitioners (ACPs).
To contribute to clinical education programmes and supervision demonstrating knowledge, skill and understanding of advanced clinical assessment.
Work alongside other members of the clinical training team to plan and deliver teaching and
Contribute to timely and contemporaneous documentation of trainee’s assessment records and
portfolio following supervision sessions.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a registered practitioner with substantial autonomous practice experience supported by the
appropriate Advanced Practice post registration qualification at MSc level
• Have evidence of substantial experience using advanced clinical examination & assessment skills
within practice supported by the appropriate post registration qualification
• Have a post registration teaching qualification or willing to undertake
• Demonstrate a broad & sound knowledge of complex & common conditions in urgent care in both
adults and children
• Be an experienced educator/ teacher in clinical practice
• Have some experience in the delivery of clinical educational sessions
• Have a high level of interpersonal, communication, facilitation and negotiation skills
• Possess a demonstrable awareness of accountability in clinical practice