Daytime Health care are recruiting for an experienced Anaesthetic Practitioner to join a great Modern High End Private Hospital in London.
This is a Permanent Full Time Position, working 37/5 hours per week..
Shifts: Shifts are Earlies & lates (7:30am – 3:30pm & 2pm – 10pm), and includes Saturday shifts plus on call rota.
The Anaesthetic Nurse will be responsible for the assessment, evaluation and implementation of care given to patients in theatre and the anaesthetic room without supervision. To support the anaesthetist during anaesthesia and deputise for the team leader as and when directed.
* Assist in the delivery of patient care
* Contribute to quality improvement
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
* Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
* Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly
* Respect patient dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC/HPC
* Recognised anaesthetic course
* 2 years anaesthetic experience
* Knowledge of anaesthetic needs of patients and customers
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to cope in sensitive and challenging situations
* Flexible approach to working arrangements with good timekeeping
* Ability to work as part of a team
Anaesthetic Nurse Duties & Responsibilities:
* To carry out nursing/ODP duties within an anaesthetic area according to policies and procedures under the control of the person in charge, reporting any difficulties or concerns
* To provide the highest standard of patient care and provide skilled assistance and support to the anaesthetic physician in he anaesthetic area/room.
* To ensure and ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for patients, customers and visitors
* To ensure that the safety, privacy and dignity of the patient is maintained at all times throughout the perioperative phase
* To participate in the on-call rota as required to support the anaesthetic service
* To liaise and communicate with HSDU, recovery, theatre staff and floor nurses to facilitate smooth patient care.
* To check and record controlled drugs daily, in accordance with The Clinic’s policy and NMC/HPC professional documents.
* To ensure that anaesthetic equipment is checked according to policy and recommended good practice, and to ensure that the anaesthetic room is stocked and cleaned after use and CD drugs are checked.
* To remove from service any equipment for planned preventative maintenance or repair of fault in accordance with departmental procedures.
* To maintain effective communication skills with patients, consultants, colleagues and senior staff.
If you are a Senior Anaesthetic Nurse looking to progress in your career then apply today to secure a quick interview