Job Title of Vacancy:
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary / Benefits
£25-30,000 dependent on experience
Job Elements: -
* Working on novel drug formulations, the position will involve the use of a broad range of analytical techniques including HPLC, UPLC and SEC, Mass spectrometry, CD spectroscopy and NMR; coupled with in vitro bioassays such as antibody-binding & blockade or ELISA assays with colourimetric, fluorescence or luminescence-based end-points.
* Routine use of analytical instruments, including LC, SEC, MS, CD and in vitro bioassays to characterize pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical samples
* Set-up & perform new bioassays to characterize structure & function of protein-based biopharmaceuticals
* Report writing and interpretation of data for internal purposes and for external research partners
* Provide clear and frequent communication of results, sample status and equipment readiness
The ideal candidate will have:
* The successful candidate will be familiar and have practical experience of the techniques listed above, and be confident in synthesizing, interpreting and reporting raw data.
* Practical experience of preparing and analyzing proteins will be beneficial.
* Familiarity with early stage pharmaceutical development is desirable.
* Minimum education level: - Degree in Biochemistry or other related subject
* Industrial experience: - Experience in a relevant industrial setting is required.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
High Performance Liquid Chromatography