Consider joining Eurofins, where people are the most important element in our business. Eurofins is a leading contract research organisation providing testing and research services in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Our innovative Professional Scientific Services (PSS) programme engages full-time scientists, analysts, technicians and technical support personnel managed by Eurofins directly at the client facility, to provide long term service needs while maintaining the same services, expertise and cGMP compliance available at the Eurofins facility. This multi award-winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track record in combining excellent technical ability, with first class interpersonal and communication skills.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and innovative Analytical Scientist to support Analytical Strategy and Operations based at our client’s facility, a top tier Pharmaceutical company in Moreton, UK.
May include but will not be exclusive to the following and will be based on the applicants’ experience and clients’ requirements.-
* To perform routine and non-routine analysis using traditional and modern analytical techniques, as required by the Lead Scientist or client representative.
* To support API/ Drug Product, intermediates and raw material process and development through hands-on generation of accurate and precise analytical chemistry data using routine laboratory techniques such as liquid chromatography (HPLC,UPLC), USP / EP Dissolution testing, Gas Chromatography (GC), Mass Spec and Karl Fisher titration.
* Supporting API or Drug Product, intermediates and raw materials execution of method validation protocols.
* Providing hands-on support to analytical method and instrumental troubleshooting interpreting results, running samples and investigations applying regimented processes).
* Identify and track process related impurities through laboratory development stability studies.
* Support stability testing processes identifying trends in data.
* Highly competent operating to a high cGMP level.
Additional Role Responsibilities, depending on experience may also include:
* To transfer analytical methods to / from other laboratories and remote sites.
* Authoring of validation and methodology documentation.
* Where necessary support method development processes.
* Review and approve analytical data for GMP compliance.
* Provide mentorship and training to more junior colleagues.
A Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences or allied sciences or similar with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Research & Development analytical laboratory setting.
* Method Validation or Analytical Technology Transfer experience required.
* A sound, fundamental knowledge of Chemistry is essential.
* Good foundation and experience with traditional analytical techniques as well as modern instrumental equipment (HPLC, UPLC, MS, vibrational spectroscopy, dissolution, Karl Fischer, and UV spectroscopy).
* Ideally experience in the use of Empower CDS and operating with fully electronic media.
* Must possess strong knowledge of analysis methods and tools.
* Appropriate relevant experience of pharmaceutical analysis in a development laboratory within a group organization.
* Good Team player.
* Collaborative communication skills
Ultraviolet Visible Spectroscopy
High Performance Liquid Chromatography
Good Manufacturing Practices