Are you ready to kickstart a career working with animals?
If so, we have an amazing opportunity working with one of our clients in the West Midlands as an Animal Technician in the Life Science sectors. As an Animal Technician you will have to chance to work with a variety of animals in a lab-based environment.
Animal Technicians are highly regarded, well paid, and offered continuous training within multimillion pound animal facilities
It’s a role that you will be able to do knowing you could have contributed to the research and development of the next ground-breaking pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and agrochemical products and potentially make a difference in peoples lives.
The salary is between £8.00 - £9.50 p/a depending on age and experience.
As an Animal Technician, you will be required to carry out general animal husbandry needs including feeding, cleaning, and cage cleaning etc, you will be responsible for duties including but not limited to:
* Daily feeding, watering and observation of the animals assigned to you
* Washing of animal cages using wash machine or manual method, as directed
* Cleaning and maintaining the animal rooms and associated areas to the company’s written standards
* Cleaning and maintaining the equipment in the animal room
* Completion of the breeding records and any other recording forms
* Weaning, sexing, and re-caging of animals as directed by the technician in charge or Group
* Checking of stock cages counting and allocating of stock as directed
* Checking breeding cages, identifying pregnant animals, and recording new litters as directed
* Weighing and packing animals for dispatch to customers as instructed
* §Providing weekend/bank holiday cover as requested
* Understanding and adhere to the company pet policy
Carrying out any other tasks or duties as may be required by the Group leader or supervisor from time to time.
We are looking for a hardworking, self-motivated individual is passionate about Animal Welfare who is comfortable working in a team-based environment and individually when required. You will have a strong passion for animal welfare. Experience handling animals is desirable but not essential!
* An empathy with animals is essential
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a close team
* Flexibility and a strong work ethic are essential in meeting the needs of the business
* Must be a good team player and able to support colleagues and operations outside of your dedicated department, as reasonably required by the business
* Honest and respectful, and work in line with the company values
* Organized and self-motivated
* Good time management being able to stick to strict deadlines
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Interpersonal Skills
- Packaging And Processing Duties