Brief Role Description:
Due to continued growth, our client a successful packaging and medical device manufacturer are looking to add an Automation Engineer to their existing team.
* To be a key member of the Engineering team in order to effectively contribute to the success of the company.
* Create automation specification documents (URS, Validation Protocols)
* Issue RFQs for automation projects and/or generate internal quotations
* Manage the quality and cost of automation programs.
* Prepare and submit capital applications for automation programs.
* Coordinates delivery, installation, and integration of custom equipment and robotics with assigned personnel.
* Conducts Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) at vendor verifying equipment quality, function, and performance to specification, estimate standard, and product attributes to customer specification.
* Writes and maintains instructions/procedures for safe operation and preventative maintenance for custom equipment.
* Trains user site personnel in efficient use of custom automation.
* Maintains updated files for available custom equipment vendors.
* Specifies general design, components, and controls for custom equipment.
* Participation in continuous improvement projects within the plant
* Works with plant staff to determine processing and automation needs of the facility and provide alternatives for continuous improvement in the plant operations.
* Creates positive customer relationships through results of sampling and solutions to production problems.
* Maintains updated knowledge on methods, systems and equipment to continuously improve quality and productivity.
* Where appropriate, to contribute and provide pertinent information, QMS and ensure that all activities carried out within the remit of the role are at all times in compliance with the QMS.
* To comply with all Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures
* To effectively utilise all available resources (personnel, plant, etc.), in order to fulfil the above
* Performs such individual assignments as company management may direct
* Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
* Basic understanding of modern injection moulding techniques and processes.
* Interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with individuals both internal and externally.
* Minimum of five years in a comparable position.
* Experience in high level, PLC-programming including data tracking, indirect addressing, motion control, and sequential function charts.
* Strong automation design background
* Excellent mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic skills relevant to state-of-the-art automation.
* Excellent technical, analytical, and logical problem-solving skills.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV - or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Programmable Logic Controllers