We are recruiting for an experienced Senior Occupational Therapist to join a therapies department of a private hospital in St Johns Wood, London.
As an experienced Occupational Therapist, you will Deputise for the Lead Occupational Therapist when required.
Inpatient Therapies Team/Department:
The inpatient therapies team provides specialist assessment and treatment to patients admitted to the wards, when clinically indicated. Their aim is to deliver evidence-based, high quality care, which is achieved through a clear governance strategy, service planning, development and multidisciplinary team working.
Senior Occupational Therapist Responsibilities:
* To have overall accountability for the planning and management of own complex and specialised caseload of patients.
* Use expert specialist knowledge to undertake complex therapy assessments
* To provide expert therapeutic advice to patients, carers and clinicians using evidence based practice
* To use highly advanced communication and behaviour change skills
* To continuously assess, evaluate and review objectives and desired outcomes in collaboration with the patient, any carers and multidisciplinary team.
* To make recommendations to colleagues and members of the MDT
* To play an active role in discharge planning of patients in the MDT.
* To produce up to date, clear evidence based resources for patients.
* Maintain patient documentation, records and accurate statistical information to reflect the care provided and to meet professional and hospital standards as well as local and national guidelines
* To be responsible for equipment used in delivering therapeutic interventions
* To assist the Occupational Therapy Lead/Inpatient Team Lead in the development and implementation of organisational and departmental polices and procedures and be involved in reviewing and updating as appropriate
* Responsible for managing own time effectively
* To support the Therapy team, facilitating efficient day to day management and running of the service.
* To act as a source of clinical expertise and advice and as a resource for other team members
* BSc (hons) degree in Occupational Therapy or diploma or equivalent
* Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration for Occupational Therapy
* Evidence of post graduate professional development
* Evidence of study or intending to study at Masters level
* Member of specialist interest group
* Evidence of additional specialist knowledge acquired through relevant post-graduate training.
* Experience of working with an array of patients in the inpatient and outpatient occupational therapy setting.
* Experience of a wide range of approaches for the management of complex patients.
Experienced Occupational Therapists Apply Today To Secure A Quick Interview
- Occupational Therapy
- Professional Development