Senior Registered Mental Health (RMN) / Learning Disability Nurse (RNLD)
We are looking for a Registered Mental Health (RMN) / Learning Disability Nurse (RNLD) with a passion for delivering outstanding care.
This is a 22-bed Neuropsychiatric rehabilitation facility for men affected by acquired brain injuries. It is a safe and secure place to aid recovery as well as offering those diagnosed with a progressive neurological disease, like Huntington's Disease, a caring and long term placement to support and help manage the progression of their symptoms.
Apply now to enjoy flexibility while reaping the rewards of providing outstanding care - and making a huge difference to our service users and their families.
- Lead an allocated team of nurses & support workers to ensure care and associated duties are allocated effectively and within team members' competence
- Supervise junior staff in all aspects of their work and by example, teach and guide them
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Conduct appraisals, audits, interviews & disciplinaries
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Be responsible for the coordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual patient programmes of care.
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Experienced RMN with a current Pin number
- Capable to promote & ensure the good reputation of and act as a role model demonstrating a positive attitude towards patients, their families visitors and others.
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of the latest nursing practices
- Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
- Helping to empower & support all staff and promote service user independence.
You'll be offered
- Strong career progression opportunities within the region, including into management roles
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practise, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- "Cycle to Work" scheme & employee discount savings.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
- Clinical Works
- Mental Health Act
- Nmc Guidelines
- Positive Attitude