Myers Building Supplies has an opportunity for a Branch Manager to join our team based in our Huddersfield Branch on a full time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits!
Myers Building Supplies has 14 branches throughout Yorkshire and is part of the family owned Myers Group.
In return for your hard work and commitment as our Branch Manager you will receive a competitive hourly rate/salary in addition to great benefits such as:
- Excellent Holiday Allowance (including your Birthday Off) which increases with length of service.
- Pension Scheme
- Training & Development Programs to help meet your career ambitions
- Staff Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free On Site Parking
As a key member of the MTS branch management team, the primary aims of this role are to drive branch sales and margin and ensure the branch operates efficiently and safely. In doing so, this position plays a vital role in achieving the branch budgets and operational targets.
Responsibilities of our Branch Manager include:
- Contributing to the delivery of the MBS sales and margin targets whilst maintaining a value proposition for the customer
- Using the management information provided and supported by the central management team, plan, forecast and report on sales, costs and business performance as required
- Providing proactive leadership to the branch team; communicating effectively, identifying training needs, managing performance, delegating tasks to direct reports and ensuring best overall utilization of the team whilst controlling overhead spend
- Proactively driving customer growth in collaboration with the External Rep and Central Sales Exec
- Setting a high standard of customer service within the branch, thereby sustaining customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Applying various sales skills to capitalise on commercial opportunities through negotiation of prices
- Contributing to a proactive culture of H&S, ensuring all staff, visitors and customers comply with the Company HSE policies and procedures
- Ensuring manager responsibilities for H&S are consistently met and appropriate records are kept
To become our Branch Manager, you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Experienced manager with a sales and/or operational background who accepts responsibility and accountability
- A thorough understanding of the industry
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedules
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Ability to plan and distribute workloads for self and others
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be self-driven, genuine with a positive attitude and clear focus
- Strategic thinker with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A professional attitude and demeanour
- Ability to resolve disputes
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to work beyond the call of duty to achieve results
- Must be PC literate
- Experience in customer service and working within a builders’ merchant
If you feel you have all the skills and knowledge required to join our team as a Branch Manager, please click ‘Apply’ today.
Unfortunately, we can’t respond to all applications so if you haven’t heard from us within 3 weeks of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.