Start Date: June 2020.
Duration: 12 Months.
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an intern to join our Full-Service Brand Performance Support team on a 12 month placement. This placement is ideally suited to an undergraduate who is looking to gain understanding of how brand standards are executed and maintained on an international scale.
Why Work for Hilton?
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 5,750+ properties in 113 countries and territories. In the 100 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 17 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognised hotel brand in the world.
We are consistently endorsed by our employees as a Great Place to Work in all of the countries in which we operate, and for the last three years we have been voted by UK students as the most popular Graduate Recruiter in the Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism sector.
Hilton Work Perks
In addition to a competitive salary you will also receive a range of excellent benefits - probably the best of which is our Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program. This provides you with access to heavily reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends. Perfect for the holiday savvy intern!
In our Watford office you will also benefit from a subsidized canteen, free in- house gym and a games room. You will be part of a cohort of approximately 30 Interns who are spread across various departments, and will be involved in our unique intern programme. This includes monthly meetings and assignments which are designed to support your development.
A bit about the team
Our Brand Performance Support team ensure that brand goals are achieved throughout our Full-Service portfolio of hotels across EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa). This includes Hilton Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton and Curio Collection by Hilton.
During this internship you will support them with a range of administrative and operational activities. It is a great opportunity to experience brands and brand management from both the operational and corporate side of our business, and you will gain exposure to numerous different projects throughout the duration of your assignment with us.
A bit about the job
As an intern, you will be an integral part of the team and will play an active role in our continued success. Some of the more specific responsibilities you will be taking on are detailed as follows;
- Day to day, you will support the team with a range of activities to ensure that we are both communicating with and supporting our hotels effectively from a brand perspective.
- You will collate and analyse information that will help us to assess our brand performance and you will have the opportunity to input your own ideas on how we can be even better.
- You will assist with the organisation of brand events and meetings across the EMEA region
- You will own and deliver on a number of projects, monitoring and presenting your findings back to the wider team as required.
What are we looking for?
As with any job, we do have certain criteria that you will need to meet in order to be considered for this amazing opportunity. These are detailed as follows;
- Must be in your second or final year of undergraduate study at the point of application
- Must be able to start in June 2020 and available for the full 12 months.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK. If you are a non-EU national then you will need to be studying at a UK university in order to be eligible to undertake a placement here.
- The ideal candidate will have at least an interest in the hotel/hospitality industry if not relevant to your degree or any work experience you might have.
- A Hospitality or Business Management related degree is preferred, however we will consider applicants from other disciplines providing you are able to demonstrate a strong desire to progress a career in this area.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptionally organized and comfortable prioritizing tasks and working to deadlines.
- Additional European, Middle Eastern or African language skills would be advantageous, although not essential
If you would like to be considered for this internship please ensure that you submit your application (in English) on or before 1st January 2020. Please bear with us whilst we process your application as we receive a lot of interest and we want to ensure that each applicant is given the consideration he/she deserves.
You'll be contacted via email by our Graduate Recruitment Team who will inform you of the outcome and (if applicable) next steps. If your application is taken forward, you will be asked to complete a series of online assessments and a video interview.
Beyond the Internship
Whilst we are not always able to guarantee an offer of employment at the end of your studies, we like to keep in touch with our intern community and many have successfully re-joined Hilton upon completion of their degree. To give you a few examples, we currently have former interns working for us in Finance, Marketing, Sales, HR, Procurement… The list goes on!