Purpose of the Job
At Quintet, we are looking for talented, passionate people who are eager to help us build the leading challenger private bank in Europe, and beyond. Is that you?
The role of the Junior Business Risk Management RCSA Specialist in the UK is to assist in ensuring a robust 1st line of controls framework is in place locally, enabling the front organisation to manage their business risks appropriately. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure and experience working broadly covering Risk, Compliance & Audit not only in Brown Shipley but across the Quintet Group.
Identification, Management and Monitoring
• Support the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) in the UK and across Quintet Group by engaging with the business to identify and assess risks against existing controls, ascertain issues/control weaknesses and develop actions to remediate control gaps and improve processes
• Assist in management of the Group RCSA process by scheduling workshops, tracking progress, following up with business functions, and creating management updates and reporting
• Assist the first line functions in developing appropriate processes and controls that aim to ensure that the risks related to the business are identified, analysed, measured, monitored, managed, reported and kept within the limits of the bank’s risk appetite and that the business activities are in compliance with external and internal requirements
• Ensure risk incidents and risk issues are captured in the risk tools and escalated in a timely way
• Conduct root cause analysis on new risk incidents and risk issues and recommend process improvements and develop preventive and corrective action plans
• Develop and maintain the first line controls framework (design and operating a proactive risk reviews on business processes end-to-end to identify improvement opportunity areas.
• Monitor Key Risk Indicators
• Assist local manager & Group BRM in projects that arise during the course of business.
• Maintain industry awareness, best practice insight and regulatory knowledge
Reporting and Communications
• Analyse control results and define measures to address weaknesses together with the local business leads;
• Assist in the production of reports/dashboards / key metrics on the risk profile and on control effectiveness for the Group BRM management
• Escalate significant issues and lessons learned to line manager/ Group BRM management
Knowledge and Experience
Experience within Quality Assurance, Business Risk and / or Compliance.
Specific experience in Risk and Control Self Assessment execution in a financial firm is necessary
Attributes and Qualities
Strong track record to deliver on regulatory projects
Ability to communicate effectively, influence and persuade at various levels
Be able to evolve in a matrixed / changing and complex environment
Global understanding of private banking processes is a strong advantage
Confident decision maker who can engage proactively in debate/ challenge
Ability to keep a cool head whilst working under pressure
Work together, collaborate with all businesses and engage stakeholders to work with a common purpose
Risk, Compliance, 1st line Controls
Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Banking Services
- Business Processes
- Confident And Emotionally Stable
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)