We are seeking a proactive and engaging Care Assistant to join our client's dedicated and well established Personalised Support Team (PST) North in Worksop
Do you want a job where you will go home each day feeling like you have made a positive impact on someone's life? Join our client's team as a Care Assistant and see for yourself!
Salary: £16,854 - £17,152 per annum (£8.76 - £8.91 per hour) plus enhancements
Hours: 37 per week, full time
Closing Date: Friday 6th November 2020
Interviews: Being arranged on an ongoing basis
About the role of Care Assistant:
Here is where you can make a real difference. As a Care Assistant you will support individuals with all aspects of their day to day living needs. The support provided is person-centred and is driven by what the service users want to do and need. This may include but is not limited to:
* Domestic daily household tasks such as cooking, cleaning, helping to prepare healthy meals, ordering medication etc.
* Helping the service users with their finances including budgeting
* Supporting the service users with accessing education, training and community activities.
* Providing emotional support to service users and being there to listen and advise.
* Day to day running of the service including Health and Safety checks, reviewing support plans and attending service user reviews and meetings.
A current colleague was asked to describe the best thing about working at PST North Worksop and they responded "no two days are ever the same so there is always something new to learn".
As Care Assistant you will be reliable and passionate about improving the lives of others with a 'can do' attitude. The service is fast paced and requires you to be able to think on your feet. Helping and caring for others will come naturally to you. As a great team player, you will be willing to learn, encourage engagement of social activities and be adaptable to change when working as part of a team to help nurture the service users' development and independence. It is essential that you are confident to support challenging behaviour.
Although training will be provided to ensure you are comfortable with dealing with individuals with varying needs, you must be able to confidently deal with challenging behaviour and be resilient in your approach to work. It is beneficial if you have previous experience although we are willing to train the right individuals with great personal values for this role.
A full valid driving license and access to your own vehicle is desirable although not essential as on occasion, you may be required to cover sickness and holidays for our other contracts which could include personal care, wake / sleep nights across the North Nottinghamshire area.
*Travel expenses will be reimbursed if you have business cover on your insurance.
In exchange for the above you will receive a fantastic benefits package:
* c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years' service
* Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £875 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
* Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by NCHA and includes life assurance cover
* Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
* Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
* £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member
* Employee Recognition Scheme
* Free paid training
* Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
* Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
* Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
* Overtime available
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided we very much welcome previous experience working as: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.
Care Worker, Care ASsistant, Support Worker