* Nurse in Charge
* To provide residents with the highest standard of basic care and support, in accordance with the Company’s philosophy and policies and procedures on individualised care plans.
* To ensure confidentiality regarding the residents and the home at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
* To promote the good reputation of the nursing home at all times.
* To build up good relationships with residents under his/her direct care, and to provide them with daily care to help them maintain and improve, where possible, their independence, individuality and mobility.
* To assist residents to carry out their activities of living e.g., dressing, eating and bathing.
* To set the dining room, serve and clear meals to the high standard expected by the Company. Provide in-between nourishment as instructed, including the service of tea/coffee etc, to visitors.
* To help residents choose from the daily menu and assist them with eating. Report comments on food and requests for particular dishes.
* To take care of the residents’ clothing, ensuring the correct collection, distribution and return of all laundered items.
* To assist with bed making and change linen.
* To keep the residents’ rooms clean and tidy at all times. Assist in the cleanliness and tidiness of common living and service areas, ensuring a safe environment.
* To ensure the security of the residents’ property and the Company’s property and premises. Report and hand in any lost property.
* To carry out all duties in such a way as to ensure the economic and safe use of resources and equipment.
* To participate in the programme of activities for residents.
* To assist trained staff in the admission of new residents
* To assist trained staff, under supervision and where appropriate, to carry out their clinical responsibilities for residents’ e.g., hygiene care.
* To assist trained staff with the on-going assessment of residents, reporting any changes or anything unusual to the nurse in charge.
* To assist in the training of new care assistants.
* To adopt a neat, clean and tidy appearance at all times, and wear the appropriate uniform as provide by the Company.
* To maintain the highest level of personal and work cleanliness and hygiene.
* To be helpful and courteous to all relatives and visitors, referring enquiries about the residents’ condition to the nurse in charge.
* To report all compliments comments and complaints.
* To report any defects, damage, theft, breakage’s or hazards.
* To check duty rosters and sign for actual hours worked.
* To adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures as contained in the manuals held in the department. Become familiar with the contents of the Employee Handbook or the Employee Information Binder.
* To attend fire evacuation and instruction sessions twice per year.
* To carry out other duties as will, from time to time be directed.
* To carry out all duties in a safe manner having regard for the health, safety and welfare of self, staff, residents and other persons within Villa Care
- Information Security