Do you look at things differently? Are you looking for a procurement position where you can make an impact, drive change, and grow your career?
We are looking for an experienced Category Manager (level 2) based in Greater London/South East to deliver world class service to the NHS and provide creative, cost effective solutions for their toughest challenges. This role is an intregral part of our Orthopaedic buying team. This role is hombased with travel.
We are very proud to be part of the NHS Supply chain family. We were formed in 2018 and are investing heavily in our people, our systems and our processes - there has never been a better time to join us.
At CPP we ensure that the NHS can access the products it needs at the right time and right price - from bandages to wheelchairs, and from gloves to surgical implants.
We do this by delivering cost-effective procurement initiatives to source and supply surgical medical equipment and consumer supplies from all over the world at the keenest prices. The savings we make directly benefit the patient.
All products we source are robustly clinically tested so that quality is never compromised, and we distribute to NHS trusts and healthcare organisations across the UK.
In this role you will be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of procurement services.
You will foster a highly professional and responsive client service approach and act as the main point of contact for the category, building and maintaining strong relationships with all key stakeholders along with developing Spend Efficiency Reports and agreeing pricing and implementation for NHS Trusts.
This will include ..
- Managing an NHS market category across NHS trusts
- Be the expert for your category area with a detailed understanding of the market, industry trends, product / service options and best practice.
- Ensure stakeholder and supplier engagement, in development of the category strategy to identify product innovation, best practice, process improvement and efficiency opportunities.
- Manage supplier relationship during the strategy stage/sourcing process. Participate in supplier business reviews and review market trends/technologies as they arise in assigned categories.
- Managing multiple programmes from public sector/OJEU tendering to contract award and ongoing supplier relationship management
- Performance manage against programme targets and ensure best value for money
- Support the National Category Manager in the delivery of category plans (timescale, business revenue & margin, supplier management etc)
Who you are
- 5 years experience of managing the whole procurement lifecycle is essential - you could be a category manager, buyer, contracts manager, purchasing officer or procurement manager
- Results focused, responding naturally to pressure and demanding deadlines
- Able to demonstrate good commercial acumen, attention to detail and previous category knowledge
- An exceptional communicator and stakeholder manager with the ability to build and maintain an extensive network of contacts within the category
- Highly developed numerical and analytical person with strong Excel knowledge
- Already a car driver and willing to travel
- Salary £34,000 to £43,000 dependant on experience
- Business car lease scheme (for roles with business miles of +4000 per annum)
- Workplace pension contributions
- 25 days holiday entitlement & 8 bank holidays
- Death in service benefit
- Excellent opportunities for career development
- A friendly, supportive and energetic working environment