DegreeSix Recruitment are looking for Support Workers to work with some of the best residential children's providers based in Leicestershire. We work closely with large organisations who support children and teenagers between 8-18 years old with mental health and some challenging behaviours. We have a variety of shift patterns available from long days and half days to waking nights and sleep overs. We work to your availability allowing you full flexibility around the shifts you wish to work. The homes you would work in have a fantastic permanent staff team and you would receive lots of guidance and support whilst on shift.
As an Agency Worker at these services, you would be required to support the young people in the home and encourage them to complete educational activities. You will also be providing emotional support, guidance and mentoring to the young people. There is a requirement to keep the home a nurturing and safe environment for the children so cooking and cleaning is a requirement. Due to the behaviours of the young children, you will need to be confident when lone working with the young person and use your initiative.
A successful candidate should have:
• Experience in a similar setting (Essential)
• Have worked with challenging children (Essential)
• Car driver (Desirable)
• Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent (Desirable)
If you are to take up this amazing opportunity working with DegreeSix, benefits include:
• Flexible working hours
• Weekly pay
• Excellent rates of pay from £8.75 - £10 per hour (Enhanced Bank Holiday pay)
• Opportunities available to transition to a full time staff
• Refer a friend scheme
• Ongoing training and development
• Personal account manager as your point of contact
If you wish to hear more about this opportunity, please contact us on the details provided.