Class 1 Bulk & Bagged Driver
£14.00 per hour
Wincanton are recruiting for Class 1 LGV Lorry Drivers to join our Tarmac contract in Aberthaw (Barry, Wales)
* £14.00 per hour
* £29,120 per annum
* Potential to earn up to £40,136 pa - Based on average 50 hours and 4 nights out per week.
* 40 hours per week
* Monday - Friday (+ 1 in 6 Saturdays)
* Start times between 04:00 and 06:00
* Minimum 2 nights out per week, but 4 nights preferred
* £26.20 per night out
* £17.50ph - for hours worked on a Saturday
* £21.00ph - for hours worked on a Sunday
* Weekly pay
* Essential DCPC training
* Bulk tanker training provided
* 23 days paid holiday entitlement
* Access to company pension scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* RAC discount
* High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
* For every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000
Our fleet consists of both bulk powder vehicles and curtain sides, so you will be required to deliver both Powdered Bulk and Bagged Cement to ready-mix sites, block works & trade counters in the South Wales and Southwest areas.
What we expect from our drivers:
* You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers' products, servicing the Construction sector.
* Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately with attention to detail.
* Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
* Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements (opt out available).
* Always keep truck clean.
* Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised.
* Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service.
* Must have good communication skills and a flexible 'can do' attitude to work.
* Must have a good geographical knowledge.
Experience & Qualifications
* Must hold a valid HGV LGV Class 1 licence
* Must hold a valid Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC Card)
* Must hold a Digital Tachograph card
* Minimum 12 months C+E driving experience required.
* Must be fully flexible on working hours.
* Possess excellent customer facing awareness.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.