Clinical Team Leader - Denholme Ward (Female PICU)
Our specially built hospital and first-class facilities are home to an integrated and multidisciplinary team. We provide care across four specialist wards, including psychiatric intensive care, Specialist Female Personality Disorder Service and low-security wards for women and men. Our hospital is ideally located for access to local community facilities and step-down settings within the Cygnet family in line with our focus on recovery and reintegration.
We are a quality-driven service constantly striving to improve the quality of care we deliver to our service users we do this by having memberships with the following quality initiatives:
NAPICU is committed to developing and promoting the speciality of psychiatric intensive care and low secure services. They are dedicated to improving patient experience and outcome, and to promoting staff support and development. NAPICU promotes research, education, and practice development using quarterly meetings and annual conferences, journals, training initiatives, and website and social media.
AIMS (Accreditation of Inpatient Mental Health Services) peer focused Quality reviews. AIMS is a national project developed to ensure best practice is being achieved in in-patient mental health PICU services. Among other things the AIMS, peer review team assess standards of care, current facilities, documentation standards and health records, environmental facilities, and staff training qualifications, support, and supervision.
We are located within 40 minutes of Leeds, Halifax and Huddersfield which can all be accessed by local transport.
We are looking for a caring and compassionate, highly motivated Clinical Team Leader (RMN/RNLD) to join our dynamic multi-disciplinary team.
Denholme Ward is Cygnet Hospital Bierley's female PICU service and deals with emergency and crisis admissions. Our aim is a short, rapid intervention to help service users regain a sense of control and order in their lives, so they can move to a less restrictive care setting and return home.
We offer a 38.5 hours contract (shift work, 7 days per week, days and nights) at Cygnet Hospital Bierley and in addition to competitive pay rate there are many benefits on offer including but not limited to:
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Ongoing support and supervision to aid professional development
- Free parking
- Employee assistance programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- RCNi membership
- 10% of basic salary for night shifts
- 20% of basic salary for weekend shifts
- 30% of the basic rate for nights on the weekend
- 66% of the basic rate for bank holidays
There are career progression opportunities within Cygnet Hospital Bierley including the possibility of progressing to Ward Manager. We support all our nurses to develop and identify their career goals so that we can tailor development opportunities to their personal needs.
Within the role you will be expected to:
- Assist the hospitals through clinical practice development and quality improvement.
- Have a lead responsibility in undertaking regular audits of care through monitoring and analysis of documentation, assessment and observation of the lived experience of patients.
- Work with the Clinical Manager to deliver targeted intervention where themes, trends and lessons learnt indicate a need for skills development.
- Work within services focusing on the development of nursing practice, through clinical leadership, coaching and mentoring.
- Be responsible for a planned programme of support across your area of focus as determined by the annual plan for Quality and Compliance.
- Be an active member of clinical working committees relevant to the role.
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals.
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
You will have…
- Experienced RMN / RNLD with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- Two years experience
- The ability to deputise in a Manager role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
Our client has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
- Mental Health
- Nmc Guidelines
- Hardworking And Dedicated