Communications & PR Executive - Portland, Weymouth, Dorset
Up to £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
plus competitive benefits
Agincare opened in 1986 and has since grown to become one of the largest independent social care providers in the UK, employing more than 3,250 staff across our Care & Nursing Homes, Home Care, Live In Care, Younger Adults and Training businesses.
We deliver major contracts for many public sector organisations, including the NHS and councils across the country, as well as delivering care services to a large and growing number of self-funding clients. We cover the full spectrum of client care, from companionship support, right up to supporting people with the most complex care and support needs.
We are now growing our Marketing team and we seek a Communications & Public Relations Executive, reporting to our Digital Marketing Manager, to produce high quality internal and external communications, aligned with the Agincare organisational values, and to coordinate and manage public relations. Agincare has a diverse and widely dispersed employee workforce and our challenge is to effectively reach all of our people with consistent and engaging communications.
What are your main duties and responsibilities as Communications & PR Executive?
- To produce high quality written communications, copy and content, for both internal and external audiences ensuring they are tailored to Social Care;
- To decide the most effective medium for internal and external communications to reach our target audiences and reflective of the Agincare organisational culture;
- Develop and produce content which enhances Agincare SEO on line presence;
- Propose, develop and implement creative new ways to reach out widely dispersed Social care employee workforce with consistent and engaging communications;
- To manage external news releases and public relations with news outlets and media organisations;
- Manage communications and content distribution with Agincare designated communications and public relations partners;
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and trends within communications and PR and leverage them for Agincare purposes.
What Agincare offer you as Communications & PR Executive:
- Great career opportunity and career progression. Agincare has a culture where you can make it happen!
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- National Health Discount Scheme (up to 60% off high street names);
- Blue Light discount package (superb discounts on travel, leisure, entertainment and more);
- Employee Assistance Program (offering support for employees and their families);
- Internal competitions to wins prizes such as vouchers, holidays, extra annual leave;
- 15% off car hire when booking with Hertz worldwide.
The skills, experience and knowledge our Communications & PR Executive needs:
- You must have approximately 2 years previous experience in a similar Communications & PR role;
- You have produced quality and engaging content previously tailored to your target audiences and designed to enhance SEO;
- You are able to produce a clearly defined Communications & PR strategy aligned with Agincare goals, aims and objectives and reflecting the organisational culture;
- You are able to build great working relations with internal customers (stakeholders) and external partners;
- You will have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Highly IT digital 'savvy' and ideally you have experience of programmes such as Newsrooms and PRgloo;
- Experience of working to, and delivering within, often tight deadlines;
- You will be highly self-motivated, proactive, with the ability to act fast to market changes or sudden demand;
- You will have outstanding organisational ability with strong attention to detail and accuracy, able to multi-task and prioritise.