AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to the knowledge they need across all industries and geographies. AlphaSights connects decision-makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporations with a dynamic network of industry experts who provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support so our clients can make more informed decisions. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 800+ professionals in nine global offices, we support our clients 24/7 around the world. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at [ Link removed ] .
Founded in 2008 by experienced entrepreneurs[ Link removed ] and[ Link removed ] , AlphaSights has been profitable since 2010. The company consistently exceeds an industry average growth rate of 20% and is on track to continue driving above-average growth, in revenue and headcount, over the next five years. The company is regularly ranked amongst the fastest-growing companies in the world by publications such as the Sunday Times, FT and Crain’s New York. Learn more at alphasights.com.
AlphaSights has successfully upended the traditional ‘expert network’ industry through its client-focused, bespoke search-led methodology and the innovative use of digital technology. A key component of this success was moving away from the pre-recruited database model epitomised by early entrants to the industry like[ Link removed ] and towards a custom search-driven approach, whereby an AlphaSights Associate identifies and secures the most relevant expert(s) for the specific client need, whoever and wherever they may be, in near-real time. The central pillars on which this business model rests are (i) a scalable talent model to attract and retain outstanding client service professionals, and (ii) a proprietary technology platform that supports all workflows and tracks all communications end-to-end.
The company operates a highly values-driven[ Link removed ] and is composed of a team of passionate professionals, strongly aligned behind the mission of ‘connecting the world’s top professionals with the world’s best knowledge’.
AlphaSights’ long-term vision is to become a lasting, meaningful global company. The key to achieving this vision will lie in continuously attracting, training, motivating and retaining outstanding talent; investing in technology, product and data to build an increasingly seamless knowledge delivery platform; and broadening its product and service spectrum so that AlphaSights becomes the go-to knowledge partner for more and more clients.
Learn more about life at AlphaSights [ Link removed ] .
Head of Communications Role
Based in London and reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, the Head of Communications will oversee internal and external communications. You will have full ownership over the AlphaSights communications plan and will work to drive brand relevance, consistency and engagement across touchpoints.
Internal communications – In the short term you will be responsible for assisting in the rollout of an internal brand engagement program. Your long-term remit will be to work hand in hand with C-Suite and region heads on their leadership communications and oversee the strategy, cadence and execution of employee engagement and communications globally.
External communications – In the short term you will be responsible for assisting in the rollout of a brand-refresh. Your long-term remit will be to develop and lead our external comms strategy and work hand in hand with the Brand Design Director to implement a seamless 360 brand experience across touchpoints. You will be developing multimedia content targeting advisors, candidates and clients across channels and managing the continuous refresh of our content.
To succeed in your role, you will need to be a strategic and commercially-minded leader who is well versed in internal and external communications. You will need to have a flair for strategic storytelling and understand how communications can drive brand, reputational and commercial growth across the following audiences, media types and formats:
- Audiences: Employees, Candidates, Clients, Advisors
- Media: Paid, earned, owned
- Formats: Video, digital, audio and print
- Developing an external communications strategy and associated campaigns that drive brand, reputational and commercial growth
- Identifying, framing and publishing strategic stories that bring our commercial vision to life, and strengthen our reputation
- Developing a PR strategy that does not rely too heavily on PR agency support
- Developing content and engagement strategies for Instagram, FB, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, WeChat
- Preparing, writing and editing internal and external materials e.g. employee onboarding, client collaterals, company presentations, newsletters, press releases, blogs, videos, etc.
- Consulting with regional leaders on approaches for their internal and external communications
- Putting in place scalable processes for the development and management of creative content
- Building, leading and up-skilling a multidisciplinary team of copywriters, product/service marketers and brand & communications associates globally (note: you will inherit a small team of Brand & Communications Associates based in New York and Shanghai)
More About The Marketing Team
AlphaSights is a high-end professional services organisation. Our clients purchase a service offering that is custom-tailored by our Client Service Teams to fit their specific needs. While our service delivery processes are heavily technology-supported, clients value us for the ‘brain work’ of value-added advisory and responsiveness.
The Marketing organisation at AlphaSights is comprised of two main functions:
- Brand and Communications
- Demand Generation
Brand and Communications tell AlphaSights’ compelling story to our clients, prospects, advisors, candidates, and employees. A truly global team, operating out of New York, London and Shanghai, Brand & Communications seamlessly weaves our narratives and successes into the internal fabric of the company, whilst opening those same stories up to the outside world and shining a light on everything that is AlphaSights.
[ Link removed ]
What We Look For
- Experienced Communications professional, with 8-10 years experience,
- Experienced in working at a tech start-up or B2B business (ideally high growth businesses within these sectors)
- Experienced in internal corporate communications and /or external communications, social / digital marketing, employee engagement
- Ability to think strategically and commercially
- Strong understanding of social media in a professional setting and leveraging social media/viral messaging as part of a PR strategy
- Experienced in leading projects from start to finish
- Able to build and manage a multidisciplinary team (i.e. copywriters, brand & communications associates, product/service marketers, etc.)
- Experienced in managing internal stakeholders and external 3rd party partners
- A team player who is positive, hands on and able to get the best out of a team
- Drive and resilience to deliver excellence amidst tight timelines and changing circumstances
- Articulate written, visual and verbal communicator, excellent copy accuracy and proofreading skills; fluency in English is essential
- Growth mindset: the ability to develop in your role over time and view setbacks as learning opportunities
What You Can Expect
- A fast-paced environment with measurable deliverables and a focus on results
- The opportunity to have autonomy, ownership and accountability in your role
- Predictable hours and very little travel required
- Opportunity for salary increases and performance bonus
- The chance to grow into the role of building out and leading a multidisciplinary Communications sub-function within Marketing
- Responsibilities of the role would evolve as the function grows and new needs are identified
- Comprehensive medical benefits (health, vision, and dental)
- Subsidised lunch program, corporate gym discounts, monthly team events, free breakfast & snacks
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer.