Major Healthcare is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
We are currently looking to recruit Band 5 Community Nurses in Beckenham, South East London. As a Community Nurse you will deal with a variety of patients in their own homes. You will be a member of the Integrated Community Team and will be responsible for ensuring the effective holistic provision of nursing care to an identified population within her/his competency ensuring the patients story is always known. She/he may act up for the District Nurse/Senior Community Nurse on occasion and may regularly take charge of a nursing caseload when the relevant competencies have been achieved.
Key Responsibilities but not restricted too:
* You will provide high quality, holistic, effective community based health services that reflect the needs of the local population, complementing the work of the General Practitioners and Allied Health Professionals.
* Responsible for contributing to the holistic assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of patient care.
* Implementing, monitoring and maintaining our high standards of care.
* Re-assessing and re-evaluating programmes of care when needed.
* Completing holistic patient assessments, designing and regularly reviewing care plans, delivering effective clinical care.
* Assist with the daily coordination of the team to include daily handover, allocation of work and managing referrals and telephone messages.
* Proactively monitor and manage a daily patient caseload making autonomous decisions about patient care and seeking support from colleagues as appropriate.
* Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of any existing and new patient pathways.
* Be an active member of the team sharing best practice whenever possible.
* Maintain and develop own professional expertise as a clinician.
* Attend and contribute to multidisciplinary meetings, actively participating in interprofessional communication and effective discharge planning.
* Valid NMC Pin Number
* Full UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle
* Good clinical skills including wound care and assessment, catheters, medication administration and end of life
* Ability to undertake holistic patient assessments, implement appropriate nursing care and treatment and evaluate outcomes
* Excellent communication skills, empathy, team player
Salary for this role is up to £30,615 depending on experience. Shift patterns are 8:15am - 4:15pm or 10:45am - 6:45pm. In addition you will be required to work 1 weekend in 4.
* 27 days annual leave + BH
* Discounted gym membership
* Discounted electronics
* Excellent lease car scheme
* Career development
* Revalidation support
For more information about this exciting new role please call Leanne Irving on (phone number removed) or (phone number removed) or apply on line