Data Skills Bootcamp - Pre-Apprenticeship Programme
We're on a mission to create the next generation of data experts in Leeds City Region. With our innovative online bootcamp, you'll learn how to use code to generate actionable insights from business data.
Whether you're looking for work, thinking of changing career, or want to expand your skills in the workplace, our free bootcamp is an exciting practical introduction to the world of data.
Over the 8 week bootcamp you will take part in technical training classes, delivered online by our expert trainers. Each week of training will take around 8 hours to complete, with a flexible schedule to fit around you.
At the end of the programme, you will:
- Gain practical skills and knowledge in handling and analysing data
- Build your confidence in representing and communicating data to others
- Start learning to code to solve data problems
- Receive personal support in planning your next steps, including data apprenticeships.
Start date: February 2021Training Includes:
- Data Modelling
- Database Development
- SQL for databases
- Data Representation
- Applying Matrix Methods
- Data Manipulation
- Series, Probability & Recursions
- Graph Theory
- Reporting and Presenting Data
- Industry insights
- Interview preparation
- Learning to code in Python (optional)
- Data for digital marketing (optional)
- Employability skills (optional)
The Dive into Data bootcamp is part of an innovative skills-development pilot project, and is open to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Based in the Leeds City Region area: (Leeds, Bradford, Harrogate, Wakefield, Kirklees, Calderdale, or Craven.)
- Seeking work or looking to upskill and progress in a career
Please note that this free course is funded by the Department for Education as a part of a skills development pilot project and applicant data may be processed for project monitoring and evaluation purposes.Career Progression Opportunities:
If you want to start your career in data, we can support you to find a place on a Level 3 Data Technician Apprenticeship.
If you're looking to add data skills to your CV in your current career path, this bootcamp will give you the tools and knowledge you need to thrive. Data skills can benefit those searching for roles in management, digital marketing, software development, finance, operations, customer success, service design, and more.
No matter what your career plans may be, our data bootcamp is an excellent way to build your skills and pursue your future goals.
If you are an employer looking to upskill your staff in data, you can enrol current employees on this bootcamp. For organisations looking to register multiple candidates, an accelerated training schedule may be arranged by emailing