Recognised for our innovative and high-quality services Progressive Care is a leading National provider of services for Children, Families, Young People and Adults across South Yorkshire, East Midlands and the North West.
A new and exciting opportunity has been created for a passionate, ambitious and driven individual to work within a newly formed Learning Disability Service based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. The service has been designed and developed to provide excellent high standards of care and support for Children and Young People with learning disabilities.
Building on these solid foundations, we are now seeking to appoint an experienced and motivated Deputy Manager to support and drive the service forward.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary Management Team to provide Care for Children and Young people with learning disabilities.
- Safeguard Children and young people through continued assessment, planning and reviewing
- Engage with children and young people in order to develop professional relationships based on trust
- Provide daily support and crisis management skills to children and young people
- Support children and young people with a learning disability to achieve their full potential
- Advocate for children and young people in your care
- Work collaboratively with community resources
- Being part of the Management team and taking responsibility for the management of the service In the Manager`s absence.
- Level 3 Children & Young Peoples Workforce Diploma or NVQ Level 3 in caring for Children and young people.
- A Management qualification or be willing to complete the course
- Experience of working within a learning disabilities unit desirable but not essential
- Experience of leading a team
- Good Literacy and communication skills
- Patience and empathy of some of the issues and challenges that people with a learning disability face
- People who are eager to 'make a difference'
- Able to work flexibly across a rota, including evenings weekends and bank holidays.
- Excellent rates of pay with clear progression based upon qualifications and experience
- A comprehensive Induction with constructive/reflective supervision to ensure thorough understanding of the role.
- Full access to our in-house Accredited Training Centre to ensure ongoing and extensive training resulting to recognised qualifications
- A commitment to continued professional development with excellent opportunities for promotion
- An extremely rewarding and fulfilling job with great variety
Because of the nature of its work with vulnerable children, Young People and Adults Progressive Care uses the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to carryout checks at an enhanced level on all persons whose work or proposed work will involve regular contact with or working in close proximity to those in our care.
- Learning Disabilities