Deputy Manager | Theatre Sterile Services | Training and progression opportunities | Permanent-Full time- 37.5 hours | Band 5 equivalent | Monday to Saturday - shift based work – no overnights
Spire Harpenden has an exciting and rewarding full time opportunity for an experienced Deputy Manager for their Sterile Services Department. This role presents the opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading private hospitals and take your career to the next level.
Spire Harpenden Hospital offers comprehensive private hospital services in a comfortable and relaxed environment to patients from London and its northern counties - Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. As the largest employer in Harpenden, the hospital prides itself in offering excellence in clinical quality, customer service and cleanliness. We have 5 state of the art Theatres and modern Surgical and Day Care Wards covering all major surgery, orthopaedics, gynaecology, plastics and medical patients amongst others.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Deputize in the absence of the TSSU Lead in managing the SSD team and operationally manage the SSD service ensuring all department staff work within the required accreditation systems
- Working as a part of team of sterile services technicians responsible for decontamination of reusable medical devices
- Liaising with the Department heads about their instrument needs
- Provide the multidisciplinary perioperative team with an exemplary Sterile Supplies Department [SSD] Service within the operating theatre suite
- Undertake SSD routine tasks related to individual’s health and well being
Who we're looking for:
- You will hold a user course in sterile /decontamination services
- Have experience in managing/supervising in either a Sterilisation or Decontamination unit
- Have knowledge of SGS compliance
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years.
We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please email Sherine Lowers @ [ Link removed ] or call 07885706278
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it’s their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
- Multidisciplinary Approach
- Solid State Drive
- Operating Theater