Our client, based near Saffron Walden, is looking for a Device Testing Lab Coordinator to join their team. The Device Testing Lab Coordinator will be responsible for the organisation, running and maintenance of our client’s testing labs and equipment. They will work closely with project teams to gather user requirements, and to ensure effective utilisation of our labs and equipment.
The role will report to the Head of Device Testing and will work alongside individuals responsible for our client’s workshop and electronics capabilities. They will work closely with the Device Testing, Health & Safety, Project Management, Quality and Facilities teams. Candidates will need to be familiar with lab and workshop environments and have good awareness of current Environment, Health & Safety practices.
Key responsibilities will include:
Lab working practices
* Ensure effective day-to-day functioning of the Device Testing labs.
* Oversee all activities in the labs, including keeping up to date with projects.
* Conduct routine inspections to help ensure best practices are followed and that labs are presentable for audits and client visits.
* Provide expertise and input to the Health & Safety committee.
* Liaise and share knowledge with project team members and the Device Testing group to ensure a consistent, best practice approach to lab working.
* Responsible for lab inductions for all new joiners, employees, and contract staff.
Resources and Equipment
* Responsibility for the test equipment, specifically allocation, maintenance, and calibration, including management of equipment records and calibration, in accordance with industry requirements.
* Management of lab consumables.
* Supervise lab space and equipment utilisation to assist projects.
* Responsible for lab and environmental chamber climate-monitoring system.
* Maintain a chemicals stock management system.
* Support procurement of new laboratory equipment and liaise with budget holders.
The ideal candidate will have good problem solving abilities and will have experience working in, or managing, a lab or workshop facility within a regulated industry. Previous experience working in a project-based organisation would be beneficial. Previous experience working with hazardous substances, and of working according to GxP guidance and ISO 13485 would be advantageous. Candidates must be eager to share and develop their own knowledge and must be able to manage their own time effectively. Candidates must cope well with pressure and unexpected changes, remaining calm, flexible and dependable. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, able to communicate with colleagues and suppliers at technical and non-technical levels, as well as all levels of seniority. It is essential that candidates have the proven ability to build and sustain professional working relationships with colleagues, demonstrating strong team player skills. Candidates must possess a commitment to quality which is demonstrated through an excellent attention to detail. This role requires extensive collaboration with colleagues and clients however there may be the option to work some of the hours from home. Due to the location it would be beneficial to have your own transport
Attention To Detail
Complex Problem Solving