About Media Ventures International (MVI)
MVI is a dynamic, fast-growing, professional publishing company providing must-have information and solutions to global audiences. Headquartered in London, our aim in the coming years is to grow the business internationally.
MVI delivers news, insight, analysis, networking & research across three key sectors: technology, financial services and residential property. We provide an informed, authoritative voice for our communities and are passionate about understanding their evolving needs.
Our unrivalled audience knowledge enables us to create innovative, market-leading products and services for our customers.
We continually strive for excellence and pride ourselves on setting the highest standards to deliver the best possible results for all our stakeholders.
MVI is looking for an experienced digital marketing manager who has a good overall understanding and experience across the following marketing principles:
Branding | Email Marketing | Database management | Subscriptions | Online inventory | SEO
You are a self-starter who is able to deliver a project to budget. You are experienced in communicating results to management and relevant stakeholders.
Reporting directly to a senior director you will be expected to plan, manage and execute each element of your marketing strategy.
Your role will be to manage all aspects of the company’s marketing. This ranges from building the MVI brand as well as building the individual brands within the portfolio:
UKTN – the leading UK B2B tech startup news website reaching 200,000 monthly users.
Propertywire – a longstanding residential property news portal with over 160,000 monthly users; now celebrating 20 years of publishing.
City Road Communications – a PR and Comms agency which specialises in research led content.
You will have experience of working in a fast-paced environment and will have a good understanding of the B2B publishing industry. You will have experience in building magazine subscriptions both in print and online, and must be familiar with technology such as WordPress, Google Analytics, Mailchimp.
Your role will require you to have a detailed understanding of how our readers are consuming content online and in print and helping the business and editorial teams to improve the way that content is delivered as well as grow monthly page views.
You will also work directly with the sales team and sales support to ensure the smooth delivery of digital advertising. Ensuring that all campaigns are delivered on time and to industry standards.
You will also help to develop and redesign the various company websites, working alongside a designer and web developer.
- Creating and overseeing the implementation of all communication and lead generation campaigns across the portfolio
- Managing the lead generation process i.e segmentation / triggered emails
- Executing online campaigns across social channels
- Managing databases
- Manage & oversee all regular email communications
- Managing design & production of online marketing collateral
- Oversee regular product promotion for online webinars, whitepapers, podcast and print magazine collateral to grow database/ ensure lead generation targets are met
- Comprehensive & regular analysis and tracking of both online & offline lead generation campaigns to problem solve delivery issues and inform ongoing best practice
- Researching & negotiating contra agreements for database building and executing agreements as appropriate
- Research-compilation and distribution of surveys, innovating website content, tracking competitor landscape
- Managing social agency briefings & production for all PPC, Paid Social and Paid Digital campaigns and optimising them to ensure lead targets are met
- Liaising with ‘Sales Support’ regards all web banner advertising for our clients through Double Click, giving feedback and analysis to post campaign reporting
Skills & Experience
- Strong experience in digital marketing
- Knowledge of databases / previous experience using databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills able to multitask and prioritise workload
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Experience in a publishing background would be an advantage
- Online content management / web skills necessary
- Basic understanding of HTML / Strong IT Skills
- Experience of managing people
You will work alongside a senior director and the sales manager. You will also manage the current junior social media manager.
- Content Management
- Digital Marketing
- Direct Marketing
- Financial Management