We have an opportunity available for a Digital Trading Manager to join our team based at our Head Office in Christchurch, Dorset. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary depending on your experience, plus excellent benefits.
If you love craft as much as we do, then you'll fit in a treat at Hobbycraft. We need positive people with the same passion to evolve our strategy and continue to meet the needs of our customers.
We're Europe's biggest and best art and craft chain with 99 stores throughout the UK. We're growing fast and our plans for growth over the next few years are nothing short of phenomenal!
In return for joining us, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 25% Discount Card for Hobbycraft Stores and Haskins
- Free onsite parking
- 33 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays with an increase each holiday year
- Company pension contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous training, development and performance management
- Colleague Wellness Programme
- A creative working environment
- Outdoor meeting space
- Colleague social events throughout the year including Summer and Christmas Parties
About the role:
As our Digital Trading Manager, you will work alongside our Trading, Digital Experience and Marketing teams driving core digital trading activities, ensuring that customer demand is always met and KPI performance is in line with plan.
This is an exciting and challenging role within a creative, fast-paced setting.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Digital Trading Manager:
- Provide detailed inputs and analysis across all core Hobbycraft product categories to enable our multi-channel and specifically our digital estates to trade effectively
- Identify and promote product categories where demand is strong and promote activities to capitalise on this opportunity
- Provide insights and analysis into any category underperformance with suggested remedial activities
- Work with Buying teams to ensure core categories are allocated to the correct and agreed levels
- In conjunction with Buying teams capitalise on new trends and promoted products to satisfy short term demand
- Build and maintain dynamic forecast models that provide confidence of ability to trade to agreed levels
- Work directly with the digital experience team to ensure digital content and imagery is optimised and meets customer demands
- Engage with the digital marketing teams to ensure traffic purchase is optimised to meet demand
What we are looking for in our Digital Trading Manager:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an ecommerce team, implementing highly visible online trading initiatives
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to motivate a team in a fast-paced environment
- Customer focused with a proven track record of applying customer insights to digital solutions
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to proactively spot opportunities to increase sales and margin
- Commercial, analytical, numerate and creative with a keen eye for total growth
- Strong planning and reporting skills with the ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and support the business objectives
- Self-starter with bags of initiative and the ability to demonstrate customer & brand empathy
- A creative and innovative character, ideally with an interest in arts and crafts
- Analytical and results orientated
If you are as crazy about craft as we are and believe that you have the skills and experience required to be our new Digital Trading Manager, please click ‘apply’ today.
We look forward to reviewing your application!