We have a vacancy for an experienced Document Controller. This is a full time, site based role based within our site office at Carland Cross, Mitchell, Newquay.
About the Project
The A30 Chiverton to Carland Cross scheme is located on the northern outskirts of Truro, Cornwall.
The Scheme is upgrading the existing single carriageway A30 to a dual carriageway, connecting the dual carriageway section around Bodmin with the dual carriageway Redruth bypass. The improvement works include
• An 8.7mile, high quality 70mph dual carriageway, connecting to the existing A30 dual carriageway at either end
• Replacement of Chiverton Cross roundabout with a new, grade separated gyratory junction
• A new, grade separated, limited movements junction at Chybucca, with west-facing slip roads connecting to the new dual carriageway
• Replacement of the existing roundabout at Carland Cross with a new grade separated junction motorway style junction
• New bridges and accesses across the new road and the old road
• Retention of the existing A30 including the construction of further local roads to maintain connectivity.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
The objective of the role is to support the project team to ensure that Document Control records are maintained along with other administrative duties that are required in complying with the Costain Management Systems.
• Managing the daily paperwork to ensure quality compliance and document control
• Assist with managing bookings of 'on-boarding' and the inductions process
• Support the induction process with management of records and updating of project registers
• Ensure daily data / records are uploaded to Cosnet and registers maintained post review to ensure quality compliance
• Assist in the monthly reporting requirements such as dashboards, etc
• Assist with meetings - planning / arrangements and minutes
• Owning the document control process for audit compliance
• Assist the wider project Administration team with ad-hoc tasks as required
• Operating information security policy to ISO27001
• Maintaining key working relationships with all members of the project team including client staff, subcontractors / suppliers.
• Experience of dealing with personal details in a secure fashion
• The ability to operate in a speedy and efficient manner
• The ability to empathise and communicate with people
• The ability to work effectively within a team
• Excellent organisation, communication and time management skills
• Can work on own initiative when required
• Computer literate
• Customer focused
• Open and honest
• Team Player
• Good standard of education, numeracy and literacy
• Microsoft Office Suite, excellent Excel skills.
• Administration experience in a similar role
• Experience of an Electronic Document Management System (Business Collaborator/ preferred)
Costain helps to improve people's lives with integrated, leading edge, smart infrastructure solutions across the UK's energy, water, transportation and defence markets. We help our clients improve their business performance by increasing capacity, improving customer service, safeguarding security, enhancing resilience, decarbonising and delivering increased efficiency. Our vision is to be the UK's leading smart infrastructure solutions company. We will achieve this by focusing on blue chip clients whose major spending plans are underpinned by strategic national needs, regulatory commitments, legislation or essential performance requirements. We offer our clients leading edge solutions that are digitally optimised through the following five services which cover the whole lifecycle of their assets: future-shaping strategic consultancy; consultancy and advisory; digital technology solutions; asset optimisation and complex programme delivery. Our culture and values underpin everything we do.
Should you require any adjustments to support you in your application, please do not hesitate to contact us: [ Email address blocked ]
We welcome all applicants regardless of age, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, socioeconomic background and physical or neurological disabilities.
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need for dynamic working. Such as, working part-time, remote working, or compressed hours. In return, we will explore what is possible.
To find out more about our Inclusion strategy, please visit our ED&I page:
[ Link removed ] />
Right to Work & Security Checks
Understandably given the nature of our business, everyone who is employed at Costain must undergo thorough referencing checks. We will need different information depending on the job we have offered you. For all roles, we'll carry out a criminal record check and we'll ask to see evidence that you have the legal right to work in the UK.
For some of our roles, you may be required to obtain and maintain security clearance of at least Security Check level (or SC clearance). To satisfy the requirements, you will need to have been a legal UK resident for a minimum of 5 years and have successfully complete all stages of the vetting process.
Please note that Costain reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend at you apply as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer.
It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people.
For more details please go to the Disability Confident website:
[ Link removed ]
- Team Working
- Service Orientation