Purpose of the Role
To provide an efficient home visiting service to patients in accordance with the home visiting guidelines and National Quality Standards.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
• Transport Clinicians to and from home visits.
- Use an in-car computer system and communication system to communicate with the main base and keep up to date with visit requests.
- Assist in journey scheduling as necessary and plan the order of visits to ensure they comply with National Quality Requirements and the priority assigned by the Clinician.
- Ensure vehicles correctly and adequately stocked before going on home visits.
- Undertake daily checks of stock and equipment required to run the service efficiently.
- Undertake daily checks to ensure the vehicle to be driven complies with the requirements of the law and is in running order (e.g. maintain the vehicle by taking measurements of oil, fuel, window wash and coolant levels at the beginning of a shift).
- To report any vehicle faults/accidents to the Shift Supervisor/Duty Manager/Transport Manager
- To be in charge of the vehicle at all times ensuring no other person takes control of the vehicle in your presence.
- Ensure all technical equipment holding confidential information are removed when the vehicle is left unattended.
- To be responsible in reporting faults with the system and trying to resolve any technical issues whilst on shift.
- To work between sites as and when necessary.
- To transport staff to and from sites during adverse weather conditions.
- Driving continuously for a substantial proportion of the shift.
- Travel to other sites may be necessary in course of duties.
- Flexibility in hours and duties.
- As you will expect the organisation may change from time to time and you will be expected to meet the operational requirements.
- Any other reasonable duties as required from time to time.
The job holder will;
- Have held a valid UK Driving Licence for at least 2 years
- Pass an initial Driver medical & assessment
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have strong Communication Skills
- Ideally have previous professional driving experience
We are currently recruiting for the following substantive shifts, please indicate which shifts you are interested in on your application;
Tuesday 18:30 00:59
Thursday 18:30 00:59
Saturday 16:00 23:59
Sunday 09:30 16:59
Sunday 16:00 23:59
Sunday 09:30 17:59
Monday 18:30 00:59
Monday 00:00 08:00
Wednesday 18:30 00:59
Friday 18:30 00:59
DHU believe our workforce should be as diverse as the range of services we offer, and the communities we serve. We are committed to valuing and encouraging diversity throughout our workforce, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. As part of our mission we are dedicated to eliminating discrimination
DHU Health Care CIC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Adults, Children and Young People and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Infection Prevention & Control
Infection Prevention & Control is pivotal in ensuring a safe & clean environment for both patients and staff. IP&C is everyone’s responsibility and strict adherence to the IP&C policy is expected of ALL employees of the organisation.