Ibstock plc is a market leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years.
We’re no ordinary manufacturing business. Through our principal products of clay bricks, brick components, concrete roof tiles, concrete stone masonry substitutes, concrete fencing, pre-stressed concrete products and concrete rail products, we’re committed to providing new solutions to today’s social and environmental challenges for the new build housing and domestic repair, maintenance, improvement markets (RMI) and infrastructure.
Many of our long-standing customer relationships have lasted over 40 years. Our customer focus is based on quality, service and consistency and our service-led ethos is one of the key drivers in the growth of our market share over the past 10 years.
We are currently recruiting for a Engineering Operative Machinist to join our team at our Laybrook Factory near Pulborough.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking all machining requirements and where necessary plant wide proactive and reactive mechanical maintenance activities, to ensure optimum performance of the factory.
- Promoting the highest Health and Safety standards to ensure a safe working environment.
- Operates and maintains all Engineering Machine Workshop equipment.
- Carry out machining requests (turning, milling, drilling, grinding) as required
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance, Inspections, Service and Repairs.
- Carry out Reactive Maintenance Activities as required.
- Using a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) to facilitate machining requests and planned preventative maintenance
- Ensure all relevant data is recorded accurately.
- Rigorous application of IMS tools and techniques to generate Continuous Improvement across all areas of the manufacturing capability.
- Implementing and sustaining world-class 5S standards within the engineering environment.
- Working collaboratively across all support functions, by building effective working relationships.
- Working with the Engineering Manager to ensure machining tasks are completed on time and to the right standard.
- Support the Engineering Apprenticeship Scheme through practical training and coaching