Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist (Fixed Term Contract)
Apply Now >>
Job ID :
United Kingdom - Swindon
Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist, Thermo Fisher, Swindon
When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
At our site in Swindon, Thermo Fisher are forging partnerships that are transforming the industry, creating new business models between pharma companies and their pharma service providers. We are pioneering solutions that are driven by client needs, with successful recent partnerships including Amgen, Flexion, Pacira and Grünenthal.
We currently offer solutions spanning the entire pharmaceutical life cycle to help pharma and biotech companies of all sizes meet their complex development and manufacturing needs at any stage or scale enabling us to deliver a combination of unrivaled quality, reliability and compliance, backed by a reputation for scientific and technical excellence.
The range of services at Thermo Fisher for drug substances and drug products is wider than that of any other CDMO and we offer end-to-end capabilities and expertise to take your discovery from pre-clinical and clinical development, through scale-up, all the way to commercial supply across more than 40 oral solid, sterile and softgel dosage forms.
We are seeking an experienced EHS Specialist to Thermo Fisher in Swindon for a fixed term contract for 4-6 months. This is a hands-on role involving close liaisons between many departments. Ideally, we are seeking an individual with a strong engineering/chemical engineering background, to be able to understand discussions related to pharma production equipment, technical drawings, design reviews, etc. We would like you to go into departments and coach, so you'll need to be personable and approachable. There is also interesting project work to be undertaken, for example new manufacturing suite development programmes, emergency and chemical handling procedures including delivering COSHH workshops to stakeholders.
This is a diverse and challenging role with key accountabilities including:
* Developing and implementing an industrial hygiene monitoring programme to ensure protection of employees and lead on control measures to mitigate potential exposures
* Leading continuous practice improvements by the development and implementation of new EHS systems and processes to support the business liaising with the TFS DPD Corporate EHS team
* Developing and delivering training to support the business
* Audit compliance with EHS policies
* Leading the company Employee Safety Representatives directing their tasks and training needs in conjunction with their line managers
* Devising and supporting risk assessments for the company, including the development and auditing of risk assessments and control measures in place
* Reviewing and updating company procedures and provide practical workshops and briefing sessions;
* Leading and directing non-departmental safety staff associated with Emergency Response Team, Face Fit Testing, etc.
* Representing the company's culture for EHS compliance and be a focal point for advice
* Be highly knowledgeable and to provide effective decisions within production
* Interfacing with the Waste Management Contractor to ensure effective service delivery to the business
* Auditing and reviewing the company accident and incident investigation system ensuring statutory compliance and insurance requirements
* Assisting the EHS manager in the development, accreditation to, maintenance and continual improvement of an integrated EHS management system particularly in relation to ISO 14001
* Ensuring that EHS KPI, CDP, CSR and other company questionnaires are returned in a timely manner;
* Undertaking inter-site travel to support the UK business as directed by the EHS Manager
* Assisting the EHS Manager in the development and introduction of EHS policies and procedures to support an integrated EHS management system
* Deputising for the EHS Manager in their absence
We are looking for an individual who is able to demonstrate:
* NEBOSH Diploma or similar qualification (NEBOSH certificate will be the minimum expectation)
* Experience in waste management
* Ideally hold an environmental qualification and have environmental permitting experience
* ISO14001 experience (or 18001/45001)
* Experience with health and safety systems, e.g. risk assessments, incident reporting, emergency planning and response, etc.
* Ideally have industrial hygiene experience or a willingness to learn
* Experienced in delivering EHS training
* Be available to start with us towards the end of July/beginning of August 2019
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Apply Now >>
Link for schema
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.
Refer a friend
Already work here? Help us write our next chapter
5 Reasons to Work at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Search Jobs by Map