Environmental Advisor - Altrincham
Altrincham, United Kingdom
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams' work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC's, PLC's, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We are seeking to recruit an Environmental Advisor to join our regional office in Altrincham, where we are currently working on a variety of Energy and Petrochemical projects. Reporting in to the Framework Manager and working closely with the SHEQ Team, this role is office based the majority of the time with occasional project site visits.
We are keen to receive applications from individuals who are currently working as an Environmental Advisor. Working within the construction industry (specifically utilities/energy), would be advantageous as would having an understanding of the scope and purpose of Environmental Plans and Environmental Management Tools and Techniques as well as producing Environmental Performance Reports against Audit Criteria, Objectives / KPI's, Contractual Requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to;
* Supporting the Environmental Manager in the production and publication of company procedures and supporting forms
* Communicating Environmental requirements across the company
* Monitoring and Measuring Management System effectiveness, includes Data/Root Cause Analysis, Auditing (corrective and improvement action) and Report Writing
* Ensuring improvement actions are implemented and closed within agreed timescales
* Environmental planning activities
* Supply Chain assessments and monitoring
* Supporting construction/project teams
* Currently or previously working as an Environmental Advisor
* An ISO14001 or Environmental related Qualification
* GCSE's (A-C)/S grades (1-3) including English
* Internal Auditor Trained (ISO14001 series preferred)
* Report Writing/ Presentation Skills
* Full driving licence and willingness to travel to sites with the UK
* Working experience within/with the utilities, energy or petrochem sectors
* ISO14001/9001:2015 Trained
* Project Management skills/experience
* Interpersonal skills
* Excellent Time Management/Multi-tasking skills
* Able to prioritise effectively
* Excellent IT skills (MS Office and SharePoint)
* High attention to detail/ accuracy
* Flexible and proactive
* Good written and spoken communication abilities
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to Apply Now >>
or call Apply Now >>
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion
Rushington House, Rushington, Southampton, United Kingdom, SO40 9LT
Head Office: +44 (0) Apply Now >>
Fax: +44 (0) Apply Now >>
Company Name: Trant Engineering Ltd, registered in England & Wales
Company Registration Number: 769274
Email: Apply Now >>