£25,000 - £30,000 / year
Reports to: Sales Director
Direct Reports: Events & Exhibitions Assistant
Hours: Permanent / full time
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 pa
Nisa is an award-winning group which helps independent retailers flourish in the retail market by distributing quality and competitive food at scale. Our ethos is to support communities around the UK, by helping independent retailers make a true difference to their local area.
We are looking for an Events Manager to deliver successful and effective corporate events and meetings for the Company.
Key Result Areas:
• Reporting to the Director of Sales and you will ensure that all events and exhibitions meet the brand proposition and overarching brand strategy for the Company.
• Produce detailed proposals for all events with clear reasoning and justification for recommendations that meet with the event and business objectives.
• Plan and deliver all Nisa Retail events including, exhibitions, gala dinners, conferences etc in conjunction with the wider sales and trading team and 3rd party suppliers.
• Work with and develop strong relationships with internal departments marketing, sales, PR and trading in order to understand their needs and objectives for Nisa Retail events.
• Work collaboratively with 3rd party contractors and event management companies to deliver highly successful events on time and on budget.
Specific Areas of Work:
• Typical Nisa Retail events will include Gala Dinners, Exhibitions and Conferences for varying size audiences.
• Work with the sales team within Nisa to create the supporting marketing collateral, tickets, sales brochure, digital elements through which to promote the event.
• Work to tight deadlines and be truly focused on the outcomes to ensure successful delivery.
• Carry out thorough post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders).
• Coordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot pre, post and during the day of the event to ensure a successful outcome.
• Liaise with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event.
• Develop new platforms, in liaison with the digital department.
• Oversee the myriad of details of an event from inception to completion, involving budgeting, contracting and details, details, details!
• Ensure the smooth and successful running of an event.
• Liaise with the relevant internal departments to ascertain their precise event requirements.
• Plan room layouts and the entertainment programme, scheduling workshops and demonstrations.
• Coordinate staffing requirements and staff briefings.
• Secure and book suitable venue or locations that are fit for purpose at a commercially viable price.
• Ensure insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to.
• Identify and secure speakers and/or special guests.
• Prepare delegate packs and papers where appropriate.
• Oversee the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently.
Skills & Competencies:
• Substantial event management experience in an office and on-site non-agency environment
• High level of organisational skills; minute attention to detail alongside significant commitment
• Ability to work under your own initiative effectively and as part of a team
• Energy and enthusiasm; passionate about delivering unique and successful events, possessing a creative mind
• Excellent organisational and multitasking abilities a prerequisite
• High attention to detail particularly when compiling event proposals and running orders (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets)
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• A full understanding of the working hours, attention to detail and passion to work in the event industry essential
• Strong commercial awareness
• Advanced problem-solving skills
• Experience in dealing with diverse delegates and their requirements
• Ability to represent the company at all levels both internally and externally with various key stakeholders
• Confident, hardworking and resilient
• Solid experience of developing and managing a budget
• Significant experience of coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire;
• Hard work and flexibility essential – it’s not a nine-to-five job, particularly when the event is approaching
• Comfortable with selling sponsorship/stand/exhibition space to potential exhibitors/partners
• A degree in Event Management desirable.
Please note this role will involve occasional overnight stays and travel.
Please note this job description details the key areas of the role but is not exhaustive. The job description is subject to review and amendment in line with the needs of the business.
In order to apply for this role, please click 'Apply' to continue your application. Please ensure you include details of your current remuneration package.