Client is a US owned general insurance company. In the UK Client operates via a Syndicate and UK Branch of the US insurance company and has offices in London as well as 6 offices in Continental Europe.
The finance team in London is responsible for all the finance operations in London as well as the rest of Europe.
This role sits within the External Reporting Team which is responsible for all External Financial reporting in the UK including reporting to Lloyd’s, the PRA, HMRC and Companies House. This role will have key responsibilities for reporting to the PRA and companies House while assisting with the other returns where required.
The team is also responsible for embedding Solvency II reporting for all 3 insurance entities through dry-runs in 2015 and from 1/1/2016 when Solvency II goes live as well as ensuring that Client is kept in compliance with all the latest accounting and regulatory updates.
During 2015 they are planning to set up a new PRA regulated insurance company, accordingly, this team will be responsible for setting up processes for external reporting to PRA, tax authorities etc and ensuring that we are fully compliant.
Reports directly into External Reporting Manager.
Works in close co-operation with the rest of the finance team in London.
Job Responsibilities & Competence
• Key responsibility for all PRA reporting for the UK Branch and NIIC.
• This includes annual PRA returns for the UK Branch and quarterly reporting for NIIC.
Will be responsible for setting up Solvency II reporting processes for the UK Branch and NIIC in 2014 and the dry runs around this and then for on-going S2 reporting from 1/1/2016.
• Assist with the preparation of all financial returns to Lloyd’s including the QMA, QMB and QMC.
• Ensures that the Syndicate is compliant with new Solvency II reporting. Complete S2
• Insurance experience- ESSENTIAL
• Lloyd’s market experience – DESIRABLE
• PRA return prep experience – DESIRABLE
• UK GAAP – ESSENTIAL
• IFRS – DESIRABLE
• US GAAP reporting – DESIRABLE
• Peoplesoft skills – DESIRABLE
• Strong Excel Skills – ESSENTIAL
- Financial Statements
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- International Financial Reporting Standards