Suttons Manor is a specialist low secure forensic service for men who are over the age of 50. Care is provided over two wards, both of which are 13 bedded male units and offer an age appropriate environment for those who also have a mental health/personality disorder and/or dementia, in need of physical health care needs.
The hospital is set in its own attractive grounds of over 9 acres near the town of Romford in Essex. Convenient access is provided by the M25, and the nearby underground station at Theydon Bois, which is on the Central Line, or rail station at Romford.
We are seeking a motivated individual to support the hospital financial, administrative, quality and compliance tasks of a 26 bedded male forensic service.
A person centred approach, excellent organisational skills and good time management is essential. You will be introduced to our systems and processes and be a fantastic team player
This is a busy and interesting opportunity for the right person with excellent interpersonal skills and a motivation for professionalism and excellent patient care.
• Administer the patient monies system throughout the hospital.
• Monitor and process the patient DWP benefit claims as appropriate.
• Ensure that petty cash is distributed in line with company policies and procedures.
• Complete purchase order processing/ordering of goods and services.
• Record and process agency staff hours for payment.
• Maintain up to date records of patient finances.
• Undertake ad-hoc financial queries.
• Ensure compliance with all Finance Policies & Procedures.
Governance & Compliance
• Provides efficient and effective secretarial support to the SMT, including typing, telephone enquiries, diary management, meeting and greeting visitors and other administrative tasks as appropriate.
• Responsible for taking minutes for assigned meetings and distributing minutes to staff in line with Priory Policy, including submissions to the healthcare data team
• Collation and proofreading of contractual reporting requirements from all stakeholders
• Recognises the level of importance of particular enquiries, issues or callers and applies the appropriate prioritisation to ensure the highest level of service.
• Ensures that all documentation is correctly filed, in order that financial, regulatory and other auditors can be satisfied via the efficient recovery of key documents of initial entry.
• Supervision of members of the administration team
Skills and experience required:
• Strong time-management
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
• Excellent record keeping skills and telephone manner.
• Articulate and numerate, with strong sense of self-motivation.
• Able to work independently.
• GCSE or equivalent in English and maths.
• Experience of working in a finance administrative role and in dealing with cash reconciliations.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.