Hull, YorkshireAbout AAK:
AAK is proud to be the world's leading producer of specialty vegetable fats. Through our unique co-development approach we develop and provide value-adding vegetable oil solutions in close collaboration with our customers, enabling them to achieve long-lasting business results.
By doing so, we solve customer specific needs across many industries including Bakery, Chocolate & Confectionery, Dairy, Foodservice, Infant Nutrition and Personal Care.
Our pioneering spirit and passion for innovation keeps us at the cutting edge of our industry and is what sets us apart. It enables our employees to work in a safe and supportive environment in which they make a genuine impact.
AAK employ more than 3,000 employees globally and with 20 production facilities and customisation plants, and sales offices in over 25 countries spanning six continents we have one of our industries most diverse global footprints.AAK Hull:
AAK Hull is located in the heart of an area enjoying significant redevelopment and investment.
The Port of Hull is being established as a world-class centre for renewable energy and manufacturing, and at AAK we feel proud to be part of this important industrial renaissance for Yorkshire and the UK.
At our recently upgraded site at King George Dock we operate the UK's largest refinery for edible oils and fats. We supply businesses in the sectors of food manufacturing, baking, Foodservice and retail, and we work closely with customers to co-develop bespoke products.About the role:
AAK are seeking to appoint a Qualified Financial Accountant to join the Hull Finance Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for a broad range of Financial and Management Accounting. This is a 1 year fixed term contract with potential for development into a permanent role.Main responsibilities:
- Involvement in financial month end managing month end close of financial ledgers.
- Bank reconciliation reviews on weekly and monthly basis.
- Generating timely and accurate reports and costings, including monthly VAT reporting, end of month financial reports and statutory reporting.
- Quarterly Tax pack preparation and query resolution with tax authorities.
- External and internal audit responsibilities when required.
- Monitoring commercial commissions and liaison with Commercial Account Managers including forecasting of sales.
- Treasury support and management of payments.
- Legal and company secretarial administration re insurance , statutory accounts, legislation, etc.
- Risk management input controlling information for Insurance renewals for all UK businesses.
- Expenses management system support.
- Various one off projects re acquisitions, disposals and corporate structures.About you
- Fully Qualified ACA/CIMA/ ACCA is essential.
- Strong academic background (A Levels).
- A degree in a finance discipline (preferred but not essential).
- Previous experience working in a statutory role in practice and/or industry would be an advantage.
- Strong Excel skills including advanced formula creation and use.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills; effective communicator across all levels of the organisation with the confidence to run with queries and liaise with the wider business and external advisors.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Effective organisational and time management skills with a key focus on deadlines and completion.
- An inquisitive approach with a desire to contribute to continual improvements to processes and working methods.
- Comfortable working with first principals and non-system-based accounting methods.
- SAP experience advantageous.In return AAK offer:
- 10% non-contribution pension.
- Bonus scheme.
- UK Healthcare scheme.
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Group life cover.
- Group income protection scheme.
- Ride2Work scheme.
AAK prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
You may have experience of the following: Financial Accountant, Management Accountant, Commercial Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Finance Manager, ACCA, CIMA, etc.
Association Of Chartered Certified Accountants