Our team is the best in the industry - is it time for you to join us?
Our nationwide Plant and Tool division hires a range of equipment including diggers, dumpers and small power tools to companies within the construction, utilities and infrastructure sectors.
As part of a fast-paced, busy depot, the Foreman is responsible for the efficient running of the workshop including maximising the availability of plant for hire, allocating/monitoring the workload of the depot Fitters and ensuring that all equipment is maintained and kept in working order at all times. As a Foreman, you will be responsible for supporting and developing your team to maximise performance whilst ensuring the health and safety of all employees within the depot workshop.
Applicants applying for the role of Foreman should demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience working as in a senior plant mechanic/fitter role with a relevant mechanical qualification or time served
- Sound and current knowledge of heavy plant machinery maintenance
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to develop and manage teams within a fast-paced workshop environment
- A valid driving licence is essential
From one division, GAP Hire Solutions now has 10 divisions offering the hire of equipment throughout the UK. We're looking to recruit the best talent the industry has to offer to help us grow even further. As a GAP employee, you'll enjoy loads of benefits such as a staff social fund and loyalty holidays. Our in-house Learning & Development Team are dedicated to giving you the skills you need to be your best and as a company we are always keen to promote internally.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Overtime at an enhanced rate
- Standby/Call out rota
- Employer contributory pension
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Staff social fund (money for team building exercises etc.)
- Health & Wellness (annual flu jab, free eyesight tests etc.)
- Cycle to work scheme
So what next?
If you think you fit the profile we would love to hear from you!
All you have to do is upload your CV and complete our short application form and we can take it from there.
GAP GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER