Our team is the best in the industry - is it time for you to join us?
Our nationwide Plant and Tool division hires a range of equipment including diggers, dumpers and small hand tools to companies within the construction, utilities and infrastructure sectors.
As a General Manager at GAP Group you will develop and manage your depot team to drive performance and identify opportunities to increase revenue across new and existing customers. Quality and customer satisfaction are key drivers for GAP Group depots and the General Manager will ensure customers' expectations and needs are being met, through quality audits and customer visits. The General Manager also manage their own Profit Centre and will influence all aspects of Depot Operations - from staff recruitment and development to purchasing equipment and supplies.
Successful applicants for the role should demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience within an operational management role, preferably gained within the construction/hire industry
- An understanding of Plant and Tool equipment, hire products and the customer base within the Doncaster area would be highly beneficial
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to develop a high-performing team who can deliver results and exceed customer's expectations
- Previous experience and accountability for the profit and loss of business operations and a keen eye for business development opportunities
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to identify and provide solutions for potential challenges within the workplace
- Proficient in MS Office packages including Excel and Word
- Full UK Driving Licence
GAP Hire Solutions now has 10 divisions offering the hire of equipment throughout the UK. We're looking to recruit the best talent the industry has to offer to help us grow even further. As a GAP employee, you'll enjoy loads of benefits such as profit share, loyalty holidays and a staff social fund. Our in-house Learning & Development Team are dedicated to giving you the skills you need to be your best and as a company we are always keen to promote internally.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Company vehicle
- Employer contributory pension
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company vehicle and fully expensed fuel card(optional)
- Staff social fund (money for team building exercises etc.)
- Health & Wellness (annual flu jab, free eyesight tests etc.)
So what next?
If you fit the profile and are up for the challenge, we would love to hear from you!
To apply all you need to do is upload your CV and complete our short application form and we'll take it from there.
GAP GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER