We are currently recruiting for an experienced Head Chef to join the team at The Thomas Cubitt. A Head Chef who will not only share our passion for the products but be enthusiastic, work in a team and above all, have fun while doing it all. A desire to deliver the absolute best experience for our guests is a must.
Cubitt House is a locally run business, an award winning group of gastro pubs. Our Public Houses, together with Hotel Rooms, proudly serve the neighbourhoods of Belgravia, Knightsbridge, Pimlico and Marylebone. We are expanding and looking to open additional Pubs next year and beyond, offering bags of opportunity to grow with us.
Proper pub food is at the heart, with elements of finer dining reflected in many of our dishes.
We ensure all our ingredients are seriously and sustainably sourced in the UK to create a true farm-to-fork experience. We work with produce ranging from day-boat fish, traditional rare breed beef, fowl, pork and lamb, and the best of the seasonal vegetables. We work with some of the best small suppliers, allowing us to buy the best quality produce that reflect the seasons and make the most of every ingredient that comes into our kitchens. Our teams are passionate about our produce and are educated to share our suppliers stories and the provenance behind every dish.
Benefits of working as a Head Chef for Cubitt House:
- Refer a Friend Bonus Scheme offering a minimum of £300 per successfully hired referral.
- Daily health checks on site (safety first!).
- A focus on fresh seasonal, regional and sustainable ingredients.
- The opportunity to learn classic food preparation techniques such as butchery, charcuterie, and pastry. All in one kitchen.
- Many opportunities for career development and progression.
- Structured training plans for each role, monitored and supported by in house trainers.
- Paid training courses (both in and out of house) and trips to our suppliers including some overseas.
- Founding member of the SRA (Sustainable Restaurant Association).
- Pension Scheme.
- Access to Wagestream.
- Workplace Nursery Scheme.
- 50% Discount policy when dining in our restaurants.
- Free Perkbox membership with over 300 discounts including – Apple, Cineworld, Café Nero, National Express etc.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Access to our discounted alcohol purchase scheme.
- Length of service awards, ranging from 1 year to 5+ year rewards and more!
The successful Head Chef will:
- Have the ability to adapt, change and learn on the job.
- Have an enthusiastic and energetic approach to the role they have applied for.
- Show a passionate desire to delight our guests.
- A curiosity to learn and grow within your role.
- Enjoy working in a busy kitchen environment.
- Have excellent communication skills, and a positive attitude.
- Show initiative to take on new challenges and solve problems as they arise.
- Be happy to work as part of a team, whilst being able to work independently when required.
- Have or be getting a NI number and proof of their eligibility to work within the UK.