Job Title: Head of Admissions & Widening Participation
Salary: £60k - £65k per annum
Job type: Full Time - Permanent.
Who we are?
The London School of Science & Technology is one of UK's largest independent higher education provider, with 6000+ students, 7 campuses and partnerships with 3 universities. Our Mission is to become the leading provider of further and higher education that is inclusive, inspiring and free from barriers to learning. LSST offers a unique learning model to students that is flexible, convenient, personalized and with a focus on exceptional teaching quality standards.
LSST is growing at a very fast pace and we are expecting our recruitment to reach 2,000 new students annually. We will also now be welcoming international students, as well as opening campuses overseas. The next few years will see LSST transition into a leading UK University and our aim is to reach 10,000 students by 2025 on existing and new undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
LSST is seeking a dynamic Head of Admissions who can further our vision for making higher education accessible to all, by maintaining oversight over nationwide student recruitment and outreach strategies, while being hands on at an operational level with the ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations. The Head of Admissions will lead and motivate the admissions team to achieve LSSTs ambitious expansion and growth plans, while ensuring the highest levels of quality assurance and delivering exceptional customer service.
The Head of Admissions will work directly with the CEO to develop and implement the student recruitment strategy for LSST, and will also collaborate with the Marketing, Outreach, Academic, Registry and Student Support Teams. Although the Head of Admissions will be based at the LSST Head Office, they will be required to travel to the different sites within UK, as well as the opportunity to visit overseas partners and campuses.
The ideal candidate for the Head of Admissions role will have:
- Prior experience of work in further or higher education
- An understanding and appreciation of widening access to higher education and supporting individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Prior experience preferably working in Admissions and Student Recruitment or Marketing, Retail, Sales and Customer Service
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work independently
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To further LSSTs commitment to widening access to Higher Education and remove barriers to entry, as well as encourage applications from disadvantaged individuals.
- To be responsible for all aspects of the applicant journey and data across LSST, to include strategic management information as well as processing, evaluation and reporting on data, including statutory returns to external agencies.
- To work in partnership with senior stakeholders and departments across LSST to include Marketing, Registry, Examinations, Student Support, Operations
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Degree Apprenticeship Project Coordinator, Student Welfare Officer, Client Relationship Manager, Admissions Coordinator, Admission Manager, International Admissions Manager will also be considered for this role.
- Customer Service