Head of People Services
We are looking for an exceptional leader for the role of Head of People Services to play a key role in ensuring the delivery of the charity's strategy, mission and vision.
Our client is a conservation charity working with community volunteers to deliver practical solutions to the real life challenges they face, their activities have a lasting impact on people's health, prospects and outdoor spaces. This is a great opportunity for someone with a track record of generating income in a charity setting.
Position: Head of People Services
Location: The role can be home based with semi regular travel to regional offices and the head office
Salary: Salary: £50,700 FTE (£46,400)
Hours: 32 Hours per week, this is a fixed term role to cover a period of maternity leave and will commence from February 2021 and end January 2022.
Benefits: 31 days holiday, plus bank holidays, pension scheme, tax free childcare, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work scheme, development leave, flexible working, life assurance, Bupa Health cash plan.
Closing Date: Monday 7th December
Interview Date: Virtual interviews will be held 15th December 2020
About the Role:
As Head of People Services you will play a key role in ensuring the charity delivers their strategy, mission and vision. This is an exciting time for them as they embark on the launch of their new organisational values and strategy refresh. You will be responsible for all HR functions, including organisational design and development.
As part of the senior leadership team, reporting to the CEO this role leads the People Services function and will align the people and learning objectives to enhance performance, maximise opportunities and potential, and meet changing organisational needs.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role will include:
* Aligning the people priorities to the organisation strategy and business plan
* Planning, developing and contributing to, clear and open internal communications
* supporting the charity's decision making frameworks, in making timely and robust decisions in relation to people and resources
* Leading the people governance, risk and compliance ensuring that regulatory policies and procedures are documented and maintained
* Leading the People Services team and ensuring workloads and priorities are managed appropriately
* Providing, reports data and analysis to the CEO, and Board as required
* Overseeing the delivery of the organisation's OD and L&D proposition and supporting initiatives,
We are looking for an experienced and collaborative MCIPD leader who brings HR expertise across the range of HR specialisms, particularly strategic people management, learning and organisation and development and design and have successfully managed a breadth of talent in an ever evolving environment.
As Head of People Services you will also bring with you the following key skills and experience:
* CIPD qualified (Level 7 and above)
* Proven track record of leading a People or HR function in a commercial or not for profit environment
* An ability to "get things done" and a willingness to "roll sleeves up"
* Excellent relationship and influencing skills with the ability to quickly establish and maintain credibility with senior leaders and staff
* Experience of working in a geographically disperse organisation
* Up to date knowledge of employment law including, terms and conditions, restructure, TUPE, discipline and grievance management
* Passionate about supporting diversity and development and enjoy building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Head of HR, HR Director, Head of People, Head of People Operations, Head of People & Organisational Development, Head of Human Resources and Organisational Development, Human Resources Director, Head of HR Operations, HR Operations Manager etc.
Head of HR, HR Director, Head of People, Head of People Operations, Head of People & Organisational Development, Head of Human Resources and Organisational Development, Human Resources Director, Head of HR Operations, HR Operations Manager