Our team is the best in the industry - is it time for you to join us?
Our nationwide Plant and Tool division hires a range of equipment including diggers, dumpers and small power tools to our customers across the construction, utilities and infrastructure sectors.
The role of the HGV Driver involves loading, delivering and collecting heavy plant equipment to and from the customer sites in a timely and professional manner whilst driving responsibly and safely within the law at all times. When on customer sites, there may be a requirement to carry out hire equipment demonstration and the HGV Driver must ensure that all relevant checks and administration involved for the hire are completed accurately.
Successful applicants applying for the role of HGV Driver should demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience working within an HGV driving role loading, delivering and collecting heavy plant equipment from customer sites is essential
- Class 2 driving licence, Driver CPC with a minimum of 35 hours completed and valid Digital Tachograph card
- Recent experience of towing trailers is essential
- An understanding of Health & Safety protocols and the ability to follow these guidelines in the workplace
- Excellent customer service skills and strong attention to detail
From one division, GAP Hire Solutions now has 10 divisions offering the hire of equipment throughout the UK. We're looking to recruit the best talent the industry has to offer to help us grow even further. As a GAP employee, you'll enjoy loads of benefits such as a staff social fund and loyalty holidays. Our in-house Learning & Development Team are dedicated to giving you the skills you need to be your best and as a company we are always keen to promote internally.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Overtime at an enhanced rate
- Employer contributory pension
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Staff social fund (money for team building exercises etc.)
- Health & Wellness (annual flu jab, free eyesight tests etc.)
- Cycle to work scheme
So what next?
If you fit the profile and are up for the challenge, we would love to hear from you!
To apply all you need to do is upload your CV and complete our short application form and we'll take it from there.
GAP GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER