Providing business partner support to line managers and team members across functions within the Maple Court office and field based team members across EMEA on all HR matters, the incumbent will be the day to day contact point for employee relations, learning & development, organisational change and performance management. As the first point of contact, the role holder will be able to manage competing priorities as well managing relationships with stakeholders at all levels across the Company.
Together with the day to day management of HR matters, the role holder will also provide support to the HR Coordinators and HR Intern, will be responsible for the roll-out of global HR programmes locally and will contribute and or lead specific projects from time to time.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
This role reports to the Director HR Consulting and has a focus on employee relations; the role holder will support and coach line managers through all aspects of the employee lifecycle and all employment issues such as performance, absence, disciplinary, grievance and organisational change. The role will provide support to the HR Shared Services team, who will also support them in their designated functions, and will assist as required with HR processes.
Average Percent of Time:
Managing Activities 70%
* Business partnering with dedicated Corporate functions and global HR business partners, ensuring the role holder is the first port of call for HR assistance and initiatives with their key stakeholders.
* Employee Relations
* Managing day to day ER queries as they arise.
* Raise any concerns to the next level when appropriate to do so.
* Ensure line managers are appropriately skilled and trained in ER.
* Support, influence and coach as situations arise, providing accurate and commercial ER guidance.
* Attend ER meetings on a regular basis as the HR representative (e.g. disciplinary, performance, absence, grievance, redundancy consultation) and provide advice to managers as well as note taking services. Able to respond effectively to all queries of line managers and employees in this area.
* Responsible for providing local support to line managers on organisational change initiatives, including restructuring, managing redundancies, TUPE and overseeing outplacement.
* Delivery of generalist HR advice and support in all aspects of recruitment, retention, performance management, reward and employment legislation.
* Supporting the identification and development of talent and capability for each of the functions to meet current and future needs.
* Liaising with the Corporate Recruitment team and providing support to managers on gaining approvals to recruit and offer, application, interviewing, testing and selection of candidates.
* Responsible for the implementation, roll-out and embedding of HR Corporate programmes and initiatives locally.
* Working with VP HR Consulting and Director HR Consulting on ad-hoc projects, as well as working across the team.
* Providing support to the annual Great Place to Work submission.
* Partnering with the Director HR Consulting to ensure that appropriate people management metrics are provided and used.
* Coaching guiding and supporting line managers on the metrics and seeking resolution on issues, e.g. labour turnover / absence.
* Supporting the Hilton performance management programme and utilising it to full extent, taking appropriate action where necessary with performance development plans and career development.
* Liaising with the Total Reward (Compensation & Benefits) team on reward to ensure consistency and transparency on roles. Providing advice and support to line managers and function heads as to how to position roles and individuals within banding.
* Liaising with other teams as appropriate to ensure delivery of excellent service.
* Ensuring the department works safely, reporting any accidents or near misses.
* Coordinating department activities as required to increase the perceived value of HR to all stakeholders.
* Undertaking HR projects as they arise and identified by Director HR Consulting.
* Coaching, supporting, and mentoring managers in the application of HR policies and practices, providing advice and guidance on complex HR issues in order to minimise risk and financial exposure.
* Partnering with line managers on their team's and function's Global Team Member Survey results, conducting focus groups, holding regular reviews to assess progress and supporting on actions as necessary to improve employee engagement.
* Ensuring HR communications and information are readily accessible through the intranet and remain up to date and current.
* Managing and conducting onboarding activity for all new team members within the Maple Court office to ensure an experience that supports long-term team member retention initiatives, including running day one induction programme.
* Faciliatating the embedding of global and local training programmes to appropriate teams across the Corporate EMEA population, including designing, facilitating and improving training courses as required.
Staffing Activities 10%
* Partnering with managers and recruitment team to facilitate the fulfillment of internal hiring needs.
* Providing primary support to one of the two HR Coordinators aligned with their dedicated functions; coaching and developing their skills and abilities and helping them manage and prioritise workload.
* Assisting with supervision of the other HR Coordinator and, alongside the Corporate HR Manager, helping to ensure the two HR Coordinators work closely together and with the two HR Advisor roles.
Controlling Activities 10%
* Enforcing and assisting in establishing HR policies and procedures that will improve overall operation and effectiveness.
* Reviewing and updaing HR processes to ensure effectiveness.
* Overseeing proper controls and conducting HRIS audits to ensure data integrity.
* Validating current policies and procedures to ensure continued support of internal business needs.
* Operating within established budgetary parameters.
* Establishing and enforcing policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Company.
* Auditing and checking data for various requirements, such as Global Team Member Survey, Great Place to Work and promotion cycles.
Organising Activities 10%
* Identifying system issues and ensures HR data is updated accordingly.
* Raising any technical / payroll issues.
* Maintaining self-generated department correspondence and personnel files, ensuring they meet correct legislative requirements.
* Designing and preparing departmental reports, e.g. charts, graphs, tables.
* Creating and developing visual and engaging presentations as required.
* Regularly reviewing and making recommendations on processes in line with business needs and best practice.
* Supporting any departmental communications.
* Working independently and with the HR team.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
* Any and all other job duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Previous substantive generalist HR experience at a comparable level, including having provided HR advice and support, as well as note taking, for all employee relations activities such as disciplinary, grievance, performance, absence, and redundancy.
* Excellent UK employee relations and employment legislation knowledge in all areas, able to provide guidance to line managers and function leads as appropriate.
* Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing.
* Confidence in dealing with stakeholders at all levels, with the ability to influence in a positive and effective manner.
* Ability to analyse human resources data (financial, recruitment, retention, and/or performance).
* Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
* Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills that build trust and instill confidence in order to motivate and influence others.
* Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals.
* Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate.
* Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and stay on track towards accomplishing organisational goals.
* Ability to manage change, resolve conflicts and ensure collaboration within teams and/or units; includes maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity.
* Ability to work independently and manage the independent work of other team members as appropriate.
* Ability to provide effective performance feedback to others in team where required and work to ensure the peak productivity of the team as a whole.
* Proficient technical skills with the ability to quickly learn new programmes and train staff; previous experience in facilitating training programmes.
* Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
* Some experience of restructuring and redundancy programmes.
* Highly skilled in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and HR databases e.g. Oracle.
* Excellent presentation skills and confidence in delivering presentations to senior stakeholders.
* Direct line management or supervisory experience.
* European employment law knowledge
* Extensive experience of restructuring, redundancies, TUPE and other organisational change initiatives.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
* To hold a bachelor's degree level qualification or equivalent
* To be CIPD qualified or equivalent
* To be able to partake in some travel with overnight stays mostly in the UK but occasionally within region
* To have some supervisory experience