Posted by Engage Recruitment on 04/12/2019 (13:33) Just Added
Glasgow, Glasgow City
£75,000 - £80,000/annum DOE
04/12/2019 (13:33) Just Added
You're a corporate professional within a construction or even plant-hire business, an HSEQ specialist who can blend both the Operational and Strategic aspects of your role.
You want to be at the heart of the evolution of the company's performance, always striving to achieve 'best in class' and are the main implementor in creating the future strategy and in driving the business through its stages.
The focal point and leadership figure for the business on all HSEQ matters, you create and maintain HSEQ systems, processes and all associated documentation and contribute to the strategic plans for the business and help develop and shape its future.
You have experience of…
* Managing and delivering complex projects
* Having a deep understanding of HSEQ with a longer-term view
* Maintaining good working relationships with all parties and ensuring compliance with legislation and client requirements regarding HSEQ
* Leading frequent internal and sub-contractor audits/inspections, including developing systems and processes for these
* Ensuring HSEQ regulatory compliance internationally across sites
* Leading lessons learned meetings and initiatives.
* Strong leadership skills with an aptitude for driving wider employee engagement.
* Ability to influence that creates significant impact with clients, staff, peers and leaders across the business.
* Degree Level (or equivalent) in HSEQ, Engineering, Project Management or Construction Management related discipline.
* Membership of relevant professional body e.g. IOSH
You want to join a leading installation contractor and work with major clients globally (with regular travel being a potential requirement), such as Siemens, Nordex, Senvion and GE. Now, is an exciting time to be part of an established business, based in Glasgow who continues to be the front-runner within their industry.
As the HSEQ Director, you will not only be responsible for the continued growth of the business, but you will also be required to build out the HSEQ structure to support the business globally while driving cultural change, as well as:
* Recruiting and developing HSEQ positions to effectively support business growth.
* Managing and leading team to enable a strongly motivated, engaged and high performing function.
* Supporting other individuals including undertaking performance and development reviews (PDRs) and mentoring and coaching less experienced colleagues.
* Identifying opportunities to increase efficiencies and speed up processes across the
* Setting company-wide KPI's to gauge company performance in all areas.
* Meeting with the board on a monthly basis to report HSEQ results and discuss business performance.
* Meeting with the Operations Director and Managing Director on a regular basis to review the company's HSEQ performance.
* Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives. Controlling workload and resources.
* Developing key industry contacts.
* Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice.
* Competently communicating and interacting with others, in accordance with the company values.
This is a global business who are ambitious, pro-active, opportunistic and create a strong sense of purpose and direction in exploring new opportunities and markets, which would benefit from a strong leader who relishes in a challenge.
If this sounds of interest, apply now..