Permanent 37 Hours per week
Salary: £19,990 - £22,511 per annum
Campus: City Centre, Bath and Somer Valley, Radstock
From PCs to printers and projectors to phones, the ICT Support Team is responsible for all aspects of Information and Communication Technology support, and to strengthen our team, we are now seeking a new Helpdesk Technician to work at both our City Centre and Somer Valley Campuses.
Do you have excellent customer service skills and are able to communicate clearly and accurately?
Do you possess strong organisational and diagnostic skills and have a broad current knowledge of ICT systems including Microsoft Windows and Office 365 ? If so we would like to hear from you.
As a member of the team your key responsibilities would include:
- Logging support calls received via telephone, email or in person.
- Providing first line fixes.
- Escalating and tracking issues where necessary
- Installing and preparing new Hardware and Software.
Please click on the ‘documents’ ‘tab’ located to the top of this screen for the Job Description & Person Specification.
- Generous paid holiday entitlement of 30 days, exclusive of College closure days and public holidays.
- Contributory salary pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme 17%)
- Continuing Professional Development for all staff
- Refer a friend and earn a reward
- Rewarding You – a fantastic employee benefits programme exclusively available for staff of Bath College
- Employee Assistance Programme – Staff have access to this programme run by the Royal United Hospital. It is a free and strictly confidential short term counselling and support service (up to four meetings after an initial assessment session with a qualified counsellor)
- VDU Eye Care Tests – The College offers all staff a voucher for a yearly eyesight test for those who are having eyesight issues when working at the computer
- Progressive family friendly policies (exceeding statutory requirements) that supports a health work/life balance, all staff are entitled to request flexible working.
Job Ref: 21-129
Closing Date: 20/01/22
Interview Date: TBC
We reserve the right to close the advertisement early if sufficient applications are received.
‘Bath College is committed to the protection of young people and vulnerable adults and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.'
- Customer Service
- Diagnostic Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Windows