We are currently partnering with a South London NHS trust seeking an Interim Information Officer to join their Performance & Business Intelligence team on an in initial 3 Month basis with a strong potential for further extensions.
The Reporting Services team has responsibility for managing the delivery of core information requirements, submissions and reporting, to specified timescales to key stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation.
The post holder will be responsible for:
1. The day to day management and submission of all statutory returns, internal / external reporting / dashboards etc. to specified timescales and relevant quality standards.
2. Ensure all appropriate governance structures including standard operating procedures are in place, tested and adhered to in the creation, production and authorisation of submissions, datasets and reports.
3. Day to day management of a team of four Senior Information Analysts.
4. Managing all general information requests, FOIs, external audit submissions etc., ensuring these are appropriately logged and actioned.
5. Managing any changes to submissions and/or reporting in line with the departmental change control processes and ensuring these are communicated effectively across the wider team and to all affected stakeholders.
6, Ensure all identified risks are mitigated, and ensure sufficient cross cover is in place to ensure business continuity for staff absences, both planned and unplanned.
The post holder would be expected to have strong managerial and leadership skills, and be proficient in the use of SQL, SSRS, MS office products etc. They would also be expected to be highly knowledgeable of NHS data sets, submissions, reporting requirements etc.
Key Result Areas & Performance:
- The post holder will be required to oversee the provision and distribution of statutory submissions, intelligence reports; monitoring trends, patterns and providing forecasts.
- The post holder will be required to liaise with Managers at all levels to succinctly articulate and manage reporting requirements and have the knowledge and technical expertise to handle complex computer-based data relationships.
- Regular contact with service managers. Firstly, as part of the ongoing provision of routine reports and discussions relating to the specifications of ad-hoc requests and the interpretation of the data provided. Secondly as part of informing and guiding them on "data collection" within their areas.
- Regular contact with Information and IT staff from client organisations as part of the regular reporting cycle. Satisfaction of ad-hoc queries from these organisations.
- Contact with relevant external organisations e.g. NHSE/I/D as part of dealing with statutory reporting and ad-hoc enquiries from these sources.
- Contact with clinical staff as part of dealing with statutory reporting and ad-hoc enquiries from these sources.
To apply for this post or for further information please respond to this advert with a copy of your up to date CV.
- Statutory Reporting
- Business Continuity